More Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

becky_boop

More Braces

#1 Post by becky_boop »

Hello!

I will be getting two more brackets put on in about five weeks. I was wondering if you have to do everything that was done in the original installation. Like, for example, do they have to use that gritty toothpaste, and is the sour taste as unbearable as when the braces were first put on? Thank you!
I'm not weird, I'm just creative. O.o

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I've never had a bracket replaced or anything like that but I would guess that putting a new bracket will take on the same procedure as the day you got braced...just because your tooth has to be clean and all...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

sunluvr

#3 Post by sunluvr »

I've got a few brackets that need to be re-positioned next month. My ortho said the appointment may take about 5 minutes longer than usual. He said I will be surprised at how easily he will pop them off. I believe he said they will remove the old adhesive and put new on. Is that what tastes so funny? I really don't remember...