Loose teeth feeling?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skinny

Loose teeth feeling?

#1 Post by Skinny »

My teeth feel so loose how long dose this last for? When anything touches my teeth it hurts. Is just somthing that happens in the begining? Or the whole time you have braces?
How long dose it take for crowding to streighten? I cant wait for mine to get better. Its very painful to have the crowed teeth pulled on all the time. I hoping it will get better when they steighten.
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Skinny

#2 Post by Skinny »

Oh I hope so!
The constent pain has gotten much better and the wax feels so much better when used, it really saves the skin on the inside of my mouth.
I have lost 5 lbs in 3 days I have to find somthings I can eat. I will head off to the store today to see what I can find. Im sure it would be better if my teeth touched eachother.
Your so lucky to have no pain.
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Skinny

Hope the pain goes soon!

I've suffered quite badly with pain since having my brace on. The loose feeling was and is wierd still and can be quite painful.. However i've just had my first adjustment which was painful but its 48hours after and my teeth have calmed down already.. The pain was starting to ease around the 4week mark and then I had my adjustment so I was a bit concerned that the pain might continue for a few more weeks, but touch wood!! :? they seem to have recovered pretty quickly..

I have the same feeling as KK.. Sometimes certain teeth feel spongy when I touch them. Quite a wierd sensation but not really painful!

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

Don't worry, this is completely normal! It means your teeth are moving as they should be. In a few days you will feel better. After 10 days or so you will be back to semi hard food. In the meanwhile think positive - it's a good time to loose some weight! :)
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner