people with ceramics - avoid coffee stains...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stacey07

people with ceramics - avoid coffee stains...

#1 Post by stacey07 »

:D Just thought i'd share with you the yummiest ever hot drink!! it has been killing me not being able to drink coffee since i got inspire ICE clear braces up top just over a week ago!
Sooo i went looking for an alternative. I don't know if it's available everywhere but i live in south australia so at least aussies should be able to get it. :D
Jarrah, hot white chocolate, :wink: 97% fat free! it is like heaven!!!!!! it is my fave treat which helps avoid stains. just thought it was so good i'd share it with u all.

bckydgardnr

#2 Post by bckydgardnr »

I have ceramics and drink coffee EVERYDAY! The only thing that stains are the ligs and the powerchains, but not the actual brackets.
Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

cookie

#3 Post by cookie »

I have ceramics and white ligs/clear partial powerchains - and I still drink coffee. I have at least 1 espresso a day, and as long as I brush shortly after drinking it, I have no problems with staining really.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

Bracey 1

#4 Post by Bracey 1 »

I could not give up coffee.. I drink it in the am everyday. I have ceramics (Mystique) and clear ligs and have not had a problem with coffee stains. The trick is to brush right after. I asked my ortho about whitening toothpaste, it is ok to use. I did have a hot dog with mustard once and yep it did stain the ligs (I didn't brush right away though). In the beginning I use to drink coffee with a straw.. but not anymore.
So if you want...go ahead enjoy your cup of coffee :D

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

KK:
Plus I mix in a good amount of red wine ... south aussie red's of course.
Do you mix it with the tea? Hmmm...
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Granola

#6 Post by Granola »

I have Inspire ICE ceramics and they *do not stain.* I drink two cups of coffee a day without any staining whatsoever (I have white and metal wire ties, so really don't need to worry about it.

Stacey07, if you have rubber ligs, they can stain (as others said), but if your ortho can give you wire ties, you won't have to worry about any staining at all no matter what you eat. The brackets themselves will not stain.

I love my Inspire ICE brackets! They are SO comfortable.
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

I am wondering the same thing as everyone else...why do you think you can't drink coffee?

Ceramic brackets don't stain...it's the ligs but that gets changed. I drink coffee like 2-3 times a day. I have tooth colored ligs and they are not staining at all.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

kirst1583

#8 Post by kirst1583 »

I do sometimes mix soda with red wine ... found that very popular in Germany ... but it's inclined to 'hit' me even faster than normal ... but is a lovely cooling drink!
Now that's an interesting combination. What kind of soft drink (soda) do you mix?
I'm going to try it sometime!

kirst1583

Re: people with ceramics - avoid coffee stains...

#9 Post by kirst1583 »

:D Just thought i'd share with you the yummiest ever hot drink!! it has been killing me not being able to drink coffee since i got inspire ICE clear braces up top just over a week ago!
Sooo i went looking for an alternative. I don't know if it's available everywhere but i live in south australia so at least aussies should be able to get it. :D
Jarrah, hot white chocolate, :wink: 97% fat free! it is like heaven!!!!!! it is my fave treat which helps avoid stains. just thought it was so good i'd share it with u all.
I had the hot chocolate Jarrah the other day and that was yummy. Hot white chocolate... now that sounds delicious!!! Where did you buy it from?
I work in a supermarket but haven't come across it. I'll check tonite though!

I'm with everyone else on the coffee situation. There's no way I'd go without it. My clear powerchains do stain... but its only a slight tinge of yellow and no one but me seems to notice it, so it's all good.

TuZZi

#10 Post by TuZZi »

I drink coffee and tea every day as well, and the worst my ligs have stained is gone from silver to a slight gold colour. They don't look bad at all.... they just look like the gold ligs I had a couple months ago. But I do think the staining was mostly from the 3 times I had mustard on sandwiches!

Less than 3 days to go until my next adjustment... I can almost taste the curried rice now :P
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

sjsarre

#11 Post by sjsarre »

I'm the same.. Staining of elastics has been minimal touch wood.. But the night before my first adjustment I did eat all the food that would stain! Jalfrezi / red wine etc etc.. But they didn't stain much..

Think i'll keep up the night before my adjustment treat!!!!

:D

stacey07

#12 Post by stacey07 »

oh!!! i do drink coffee, but i drink it fairly strong so i cut down just have the hot white chocolate every now and then instead!

i've only got wire ties on a couple and i have noticed a little bit of a yellow tinge (nothing anyone else would notice) but i've only had then for about 10 days.

Couldn't live without coffee but now i can't live without hot white choccie!!! mmmmmmmmm

(oh and sorry i scared the coffee addicts! i didn't phrase my first one quite right!! :) )

Snow

#13 Post by Snow »

Am I the only weird person who started drinking coffee and coke by straw after getting braced?! I don't mind coffee that's not as hot, though.
Spacers in: 7/20/2005
Braces on: 7/27/2005
Clear braces both top and bottom
Treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces off: 7/26/2007