I Got Braced today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skinny

I Got Braced today!

#1 Post by Skinny »

Hi All Well I got Braced today.
It wasnt so bad I was suposted to only get the uppers on today but he put both uppers and lowers on. I got Clear on top and medal on bottom.
It took 1 hr and 30 min. It wasnt bad at all just tasted nasty. :lol:
Now Im close to the line of miserbale.... My teeth feel loose and like there being pulled on. My bottom hurt the worst they are really crooked :roll:
I have a Blog site now with pictures go there and check it out if you would like.
How bad do they hurt like this.
Oh and my teeth dont even meet together to chew, So I cant chew anything at all. Im tring to be positive. I really am Im just hurting :cry:
(Anyone see where I put the wire cutters?) hehe Just kidding! :wink:
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

t3knophile

#2 Post by t3knophile »

Congrats on the new braces Skinny! It'll be worth it in the end. I'm about your age and also have clear on top/metal on bottom. Sounds like your ortho tricked you though and told you uppers only, and then did both. The loose teeth feeling should go away after a few days though. For me my teeth were only mildly sore for about 2 days. Did you try taking some ibuprofin?

ronnie889

#3 Post by ronnie889 »

I got braced today too.
My uppers have stopped being sore and now it's the lower teeth. It's neat to feel it move though.
I've had the same issue with eating.
So i've been drinking everything: Soup, Ice Cream, Milkshakes..

Skinny

#4 Post by Skinny »

I tried to eat some noodles tonight but couldnt chew them :( So I made some scrambled eggs they swallow nicley! :lol:
Oh The pain on my lowers though I guess its not pain as much as preasure! I can feel my teeth are being pulled on strongly. I have been taking Advil and boy do I know when its time for some more again.
I hope my teeth move fast boy that would be so nice!
I hope this pain only lasts for 2 days that will be nice. Dose it hurt like this everytime you get adjusted too? Will it not hurt as bad once my teeth strighten out?
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

Skinny

#5 Post by Skinny »

Well Last night was tuff! :shock: I was in alott of pain, My Husband said it would be worse today, but to my suprise I woke up with less discomfort then I had lastnight. :dance: So Im think postive and telling myself that its only going to get better.
Today I just have preasure and pulling. Flossing lastnight Hurt So Bad! :soremouth: Oh My! And I cant get floss between one area and im wondering if the crease is sealed with glue? After flossing I wanted to cry.
When I bite down or push my tounge on my teeth they feel loose and painful. I keep looking at my cramed up teeth in the frount to see if they are getting stright yet. hehe as much pulling and preasure I feel on them they should be stright by now! :wink:
Do crowed areas always feel this way?
I cant wait till I can put my teeth together again Right now my upper teeth are biting down on the bottom bracets. Outch that sends a shock of pain!
Well Enough complaining. I need to shut up and take it like a woman huh? hehe
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

Skinny

#6 Post by Skinny »

So True thanks so much! You are so suportive and sweet, You have helped me so much! Thanks
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

poloaa

#7 Post by poloaa »

Skinny, i hope we will feel better and better soon, as you know my braces were put on yestrday, one day after yours and my teeth start to feel sore today, but i still can eat some soft food, but very slowly.
Let me know how yours is doing today, :wink:
see ya
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

Skinny

#8 Post by Skinny »

Well the main pain that I was having is better today. I can still feel the presure but with allot less pain. The inside of my lips have sore places on them so I have gotten out the wax and that has seemed to help.
My teeth are still not touching yet so chewing is out of the question, I have lost 5 lbs in 3 days. So I have got to find somthing I can eat. Looseing weight isnt an option for me.
I had a Bracket pop off yesterday! :shock: Had to run in and have the wire cut it was stabing me in the cheek. I hope all the other brackets stay put.
Im still not even close to getting used to them. and I dont belive I will till I can put my teeth together again. and eat.
The good thing is everyday that go's by the pain gets better, but the fustation of it all is still there.
Oh and I hate how my teeth feel so loose.
Sorry to sound so negitive Im just a big weenie.
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

sabrina26

#9 Post by sabrina26 »

Skinnny, I just got braced this past Tuesday and on Thursday I had to rush back myself because a bracket fell off. My bottom teeth kind of look like yours and I had one on the bottom that is tight between two other teeth and that is the bracket that popped off and they had to put a spring in to make some space for it. I hope you start to feel better and can start to eat something

Skinny

#10 Post by Skinny »

Thanks you me too, Tonight I ate Spetti O's and Canned Carrotts it went very well so Im feeling a bit better now with some food in my belly! My bottom teeth are still bothering me a bit though, Top dont hurt or bother me at all. Isnt that somthing when they pop off! :shock: WoW!
I wish you fast progress! Take care all
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

Skinny

#11 Post by Skinny »

Well I think I can go Pain med free today, I have the general preasure but no pain.
Do you have to use wax during the whole treatment?
I can no longer wear my Aplience for my TMJ my teeth have out grown it already.
I feel a bit better today. :roll:
I still wonder how on earth my bottom teeth will ever strighten out? Its like there working against eachother
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Skinny

butterfly

#12 Post by butterfly »

Skinny don't worry. What you experience now sounds a lot like I did in the beginning. Seems to be common. I had crowded teeth as well, tops and bottom. You will be amazed how fast they will align. After they removed the expander my bottoms straightened out in only 2 weeks! I could almost see the movement.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

new boy james

#13 Post by new boy james »

Hiya Skinny, hope you're feeling better again today.

I got braced 2 weeks ago and had the same problem as you with my top teeth hitting the brackets on the bottom - ouch! I went back to my ortho and he put some funny bonding stuff on one of my molars on either side so that I cant bite down fully and it's really helped. I haven't been bashing my teeth and eating has been MUCH easier. Perhaps talk to your ortho??

Hang in there, the pain will subside and i'm sure it'll all be worth it.