Almost done! Debanding on June 1st!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KittyW

Almost done! Debanding on June 1st!

#1 Post by KittyW »

I honestly didn't expect the time to fly by so quickly, but last week I went in for an adjustment and my ortho said they're ready to come off! I'm still in disbelief. I think my ortho sensed it too because he commented that I looked like I didn't believe him! The plan was 18-22 months and June will be 18 months, so I guess I'm on schedule. My bite feels good, although I thought my lower front 4 teeth would be a tad straighter looking, but given what they looked like pre-braces, it looks like a miracle has occured! I'm sure with some shaving/shaping they will look better.

So the de-banding will take about 1 hour and then I'll be fitted for temporary essix type retainers and "permanent" removable upper and lower Hawley's that will be ready for pickup on June 26th, the day I'm having my Zoom whitening treatment done at my regular dentist who started the ball rolling on this braces journey 18 months ago!

It's weird, because I was just getting "used to" having the braces on, even with all of the inconveniences and occasional pain, I LIKE the way they make my teeth feel and when I have the wire out at adjustments, my teeth feel really loose and strange. Will the retainers feel "tight" enough to give my teeth the arch wire sensation? I hope so!

I am looking forward to throwing my face into a vat of microwaved popcorn after they're off. Barbequed ribs and corn on the cob are on my list too. Oh, and a big crunchy apple!

My husband and I leave for a nice vacation a few days after the de-banding. We'd planned the trip long before I got the good news, so it will be nice spending less time flossing and more time vacationing!

What a ride! I'll try to post some before and after pics in June. You'll be shocked. I love looking at the pre-braces pics my husband took of my teeth and looking at my "new" teeth. It's just amazing!

Kitty
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

nykol77

#2 Post by nykol77 »

Congrats!! I noticed that you and I were braced the same day, I got Daemon III on December 7th' 04 as well!! Hopefully that means the end is near for me too !

Congrats and enjoy your new found freedom! :D
nick
braced Dec 7th 2004

KittyW

#3 Post by KittyW »

Thanks everyone! It was SO worth doing the braces. I wish I had done it sooner than age 45-46, but hey, better late than not at all!

I was lucky that I didn't need to do the rubberband thing either! Whew! :lol:
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Congrats on getting your braces off soon :). That's wonderful news.

Sounds like you will be having great times days after your braces are off.

Can you let us know how the Zoom treatment goes? I am planning on getting my teeth whitened by my dentist when the braces are off and am really curious how it goes and how it feels...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

braceface75

#5 Post by braceface75 »

Congratulations!! I get my braces off June 2 so the day after you :lol:
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

nvcarissa

#6 Post by nvcarissa »

Congratulations on your debanding date! :D Enjoy your new smile!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

lionfish

Re: Almost done! Debanding on June 1st!

#7 Post by lionfish »

KittyW wrote:
I am looking forward to throwing my face into a vat of microwaved popcorn after they're off. Barbequed ribs and corn on the cob are on my list too. Oh, and a big crunchy apple!
LOL!!

You got me with the BBQ ribs, that is one thing I really do miss. It's not quite the same with a knife and fork.

Enjoy.

KittyW

#8 Post by KittyW »

I can smell popcorn!!!

I'm SO close to June 1st, but guess what? I have an appt. this afternoon to replace THREE lower brackets that broke away from the plastic portion of the Damon 3 (the metal part is just hanging on the archwire). Two were broken (the top were broken off) last week and the assistant apparently thought they would hold out until the end of the month. I kept telling her they wouldn't (what do I know? It's only my mouth!). So, looks like I'll be having 3 brackets replaced for the final stretch!

I've come too far to NOT get them fixed. :)
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration

texasangel

#9 Post by texasangel »

Kitty W

Congrats on getting your braces off soon !!! I get mine off May 31st !!
My bottom teeth aren't exactly straight either, but like you said, it's ALOT better than it was before. Hope to see some photos, and I will try and post mine also. You're right about us waiting until our 40's - - I am 44, but at least we did it !! YEAH !!!

Good Luck !!!
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

KittyW

#10 Post by KittyW »

I got them off this afternooon! WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I am SHOCKED at how big and beautiful my teeth look!!!! :D
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration