Do you brush at work?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

countyblue

Do you brush at work?

#1 Post by countyblue »

Do you brush your teeth at work? Just wondering as I dont need to floss just to the gaps in my teeth.

On a Colgate leaflet I've been given about braces, it says brushing twice a day is sufficient.

I'm going to take a small bristled brush with me to give them a quick brush to make sure there's no food stuck in my brace, but I dont really fancy giving them a proper brush with toothpaste!

Do you think that will be fine?

butterfly

#2 Post by butterfly »

I brush everywhere I eat or snack! It feels uncomfortable to be around people when I don't brush after a meal. I always carry a mini toothpaste and a mini toothbrush in my handbag. After half a year I am used to brush in public places, even with people watching me. It is not a big deal and feels soooo clean afterwards.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

I do brush mine at work, but not as good as first thing in morning or at night.. And my ortho told me a couple of days ago that i'm doing a fantastic job of keeping my teeth clean..

I use fluoride mouth wash twice a day and a salt water rinse once a day aswell.

Fran1988

#4 Post by Fran1988 »

I have only had my braces on about 5 days, and i have to brush my teeth after everything i have to eat. Yesterday i bought a little travel toothbrush, a tiny little tube of toothpaste and a little bottle of mouthwash. i will take it every where with me as i hate the feeling of a dirty mouth.

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

I brush my teeth everys single time I eat something...kinda annoying but I've become obessed with keeping my teeth clean ever since I got my braces.

With that said, I don't eat in public...so that I don't have to brush my teeth in public. It's something I just cannot do...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

TuZZi

#6 Post by TuZZi »

I keep telling myself I'm going to brush my teeth while I'm at work, but it never happens. I have all the gear there, and have used it, but I don't exactly get a lot of time to eat, let alone brush after I eat.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

jcdamon3

#7 Post by jcdamon3 »

I brush after lunch at work. Sometimes I snack in between and I don't brush then.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Kodius Champion

#8 Post by Kodius Champion »

Yep -- since I don't travel much, I keep the "travel" toothbrush & kit my ortho gave my in my desk. I can't really feel comfortable unless I brush after I've eaten.

Of course, when I'm on shift, it's generally too much hassle to leave the lab -- so I don't eat. Problem solved! :roll:

CLAmom

#9 Post by CLAmom »

I brush at work right after lunch. I am so amazed at how many people want to ask you questions while you're in the middle of brushing. Yes, I'm brushing my teeth, spit, spit. Yes, I have braces, spit, spit. Yes, it's hard to talk and brush my teeth at the same time, spit, spit. People are curious little critters aren't they? :-}

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

lionfish

#10 Post by lionfish »

I usually take lunch to work and eat it at my desk. I've got my own portable kit comprising interdens stick, pocket mirror, toothbrush and toothpaste.

I remove all the gunk at my desk (we are a two person outfit and the other person is my husband who is used to me fiddling with my teeth by now) then go to the ladies to brush.

My ortho has said that brushing twice a day is enough, but I don't like the feel of food stuck in there. I try not to eat between meals; I don't always succeed. :lol:

today53

#11 Post by today53 »

I brush after lunch. It is just a bit too much to have food stuck on the wire, however, I do avoid all the snack during the day.

blondie111

#12 Post by blondie111 »

I brush at at my job, but not normally after EVERY thing I eat (I would be in the bathroom all day! Lots of snacks here... :roll: ) I did when I first got them, but now I just check with a mirror I keep in my desk to make sure stuff if out of my grill! :D I also have a kit my ortho gave me that I keep in my purse at all times, so I can sometimes just use the brush to clean whatever I see out of there.

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

katmc_tx

#13 Post by katmc_tx »

I have to brush after every meal, snack and drink (excluding water). I feel dirty if my teeth are dirty. So I dont really snack anymore or drink anything but water unless I'm having a meal. So I do brush at work, I even have a waterpik at work.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

LoobyLou

#14 Post by LoobyLou »

I have never brushed my teeth at work - I can't face the embarassment of everyone looking at me while I do so. I generally have a good old swig with water after I have eaten to dislodge any food but there's no way I'm prepared to brush in the ladies! Maybe I sound gross but I have been to th dentist just today and he said I'm doing just fine!
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

payoki

#15 Post by payoki »

I only brush in the morning and evening and floss once at nite but i don't brush at work, I keep forgetting to bring toothbrush to work. I just rinse my mouth with scope.
mother of one.