Adjustment and Curry

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

today53

Adjustment and Curry

#1 Post by today53 »

Hi all,

I am a bit excited. I will have my first adjustment on Wed. Since I have the ceramic ones on the top, I have been avoiding any food that may stain the braces. The likes of laksa and curry have been no-no for the past 6 weeks. For someone like me, who has curry every 2 - 3 days, the past 6 weeks were torture.

And yes, tomorrow will be my curry day, will have curry for lunch and dinner. It will be a great day.

cheers
today53

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Goodness, today53, I don't know how you do it - no curry or laksa for 6 weeks!

BTW, if you're a laksa fan, have you tried Temasek in Parramatta? It used to be very good.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Enjoy your curry tomorrow ;)

I am currently wearing tooth colored ligs (not clear/white/light silver/smoke). They are kind of a creamy color but are still very discreet. Maybe you could ask your ortho for them? I drink coffee 2-3 times a day and they haven't stained at all yet. I've had them for 2 weeks already and they are exactly the way they were. I don't eat curry so I have no idea if/how much that would stain...but you could give it a try.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

t3knophile

#4 Post by t3knophile »

Panang curry is my favorite! I have been avoiding it though cause it would stain clear ligs. Occasionally, right before an adjustment, I'll treat myself to a good local thai resteraunt for some coconut & lemongrass soup, and some panag curry, with some white rice of course. yummmm.
Ceramic braces on top / Metal braces on bottom :: Aug 1, 2005
Estimated Time :: 12 - 18 months

today53

#5 Post by today53 »

Having a closer look at my braces, I could see the coffee stain as I am a heavy coffee drinker. I guess I never really noticed it at all. And yes, the curries were good, lunch and dinner were enjoyable.

There is this Laksa house near my work, it's shame that I have been avoiding it.