Time and cost before braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

krooner

Time and cost before braces?

#1 Post by krooner »

Hi,

Just finished getting another consultation and I'm deciding whether or not to get braces on my upper teeth. I was just wondering how long it takes from the first consultation until the braces are actually on? I know they need to get x-rays, etc. I just want to know what to expect.

Also, I know the cost would be about $3500 for ceramic on top but I need to know what I'm in for before then. Is there a lot of cost involved before hand? None of this is covered for me. Thanks,

Gracie

krooner

Thanks!

#2 Post by krooner »

Thank you very much kk!

TechChick

#3 Post by TechChick »

KK is totally right :D

I believe it was 3 month between my initial consult, x-rays and impressions untill I got my braces placed. My ortho is very busy plus I had to have dental work done before the braces could actually be placed.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcomming treatment :D
TechChick,

If its not smoking then its a software problem

KathleenH

#4 Post by KathleenH »

I had my initial consultation in March, a records appointment in May, spacers in August, expander in September, and braces finally in January.

I realize that this is much longer than what's considered normal. We could have started sooner, but we were waiting for the money to come in (we wanted to pay in full, which was due at the first real appointment).
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

krooner

Thanks

#5 Post by krooner »

Thanks to all who responded. I'll give the ortho a call! I'm excited and scared!
:lol:
Gracie

Skinny

#6 Post by Skinny »

I had my consult x rays and then my Braces put on all in the same week. Im sure many facters come to play. If you have the money already and they have time it can go fast. As long as you dont have other work and stuff that need to be done 1st. Good luck!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

Pirate Wench

#7 Post by Pirate Wench »

My first consult was at the beginning of April and I will have my upper braces put on June 15th. I could have had them on during the first week of June, but I couldn't get time off from week. I guess that means from the first consult until uppers will only be about 2 months.

There hasn't been any additional costs other than the ortho appointments at this point. At my first consult I was given a payment plan so I would know what the costs would be. I will have to pay the consult fee of $70 when I see the dental surgen. I will also have to pay for the extraction of my lower wisdom teeth.

I don't think there will any other costs involved. I realize that having the braces on my will be a pain....literally and figuratively....but it will be worth it to be rid of my headaches, straight teeth on the bottom, and a good bite! :D