am i having a granuloma? pls help!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

boxerinno

am i having a granuloma? pls help!

#1 Post by boxerinno »

for the past 7-8 days i have this strange sensation on the top of my upper right cuspid. meaning, when i drink something (no matter if it's warm or cold) i get a feeling like my tooth has just slightly moved. or when i touch the root tip between my nose and cheek it feels like there's something there. i get no pain chewing or clenching my teeth, just this weird sensation.

my next visit to ortho is by the end of this week and i'm extremely busy, so i can't go to the dentist for a quick check up of this situation.

so, i'm all worried because i love, no, i worship my teeth and i'm more than half way through my treatment. i've (like basically most of us here) invested a lot of money, effort and time in my teeth and anything that could lead into losing more teeth (besides two extracted biscupids), expecially a cuspid would be devastating.

i appreaciate any help or at least an ease of mind.
Last edited by boxerinno on Wed May 17, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citius altius fortius

leah

????

#2 Post by leah »

I have no advise for you, sorry. But when I touch embetween my nose and lip my left lateral incisor does the same thing. keep posting if you find out anything, would love to know what this is.
thanks and best wishes,
leah
lower wisdom teeth cut out 1/27/05 (ouch)
braced 3/8/05.
24-30 month Est.
going full metal 8/22/05
Naked as of August 28, 2006

boxerinno

#3 Post by boxerinno »

hey leah, :D

well, i went to my ortho today (got squeezed in, lucky me) and she was kind of inconclusive about this. after inspecting my tooth for pain (with those metal instruments) and since i felt no pain whatsoever, she said this is going on simply because the tooth is moving into a new position and since its root is quite long, new tissue is building up more than on other teeth. she was also trying to feel this tiny lump i was mentioning in my previous post, but couldn't feel anything strange.
i'd be much calmer with an x-ray or any other solid evidence, but i guess i'm just plain sick and tired of all this metal and 24-7 brushing. well, four more months to go...

what actually worries me even more now is the fact that she'll probably take out one absolutely healthy biscupid in my lower jaw to make more room, cause lower teeth aren't moving as fast as they ought to. that makes me, well least to say is utterly unhappy, especially after i had two upper biscupids extracted... ahhhh.... am going to prepare myself a strong mug of camomile and head off to bed... i mean, i'm questioning all this torture i put upon myself in these past 14 months. and yes, it's lame to do that right now when i'm almost there, but when i think i did this for purely cosmetic reasons (and in order to prevent gum diseases that could develop in the future) and have only two fillings which i got when i was 10 (i'm 28 now) and had them changed to white ones before getting this damon 2 braces. i was the only person i know with almost all healthy teeth, naturally white (even though i love shoyu, miso, curry, red wine) and now i'll probably have in addition to this two already out, a third healthy tooth out of my mouth forever!! aaarrggrhhhhhhhhh....

sorry people for this emotional outbreak... i'm just very frustrated... :( :(

oh and leah, i'll update you on anything new and i'd appreciate if you would do the same. :) maybe your ortho will give you more detailed info.

take care & cul8r
J
citius altius fortius