One year progress pics...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mytch

One year progress pics...

#1 Post by mytch »

Hi all,
I've had my braces for a year now, so I thought I'd post some pics to show everyone my progress. I've still got 6-9 months to go, so there's still a bit of work to be done on my teeth, but i'm happy with the progress before.

Teeth in May 2005 (I know, they are ugly!)

Teeth in May 2006 (Getting better!)

Most teeth are coming into line. Still worried about my gum line, which needs a bit of work at both the top and the bottom, but progress is progress!

Can you see the gums of my top teeth? Specifically the tooth on each side next to my canines and how the gum kind of dips down and then goes back up? Anyone have any advice on what to do for this? I know I can get gum surgery but do I have to wait until my braces come off to get that?

Before I got braces my teeth were making me paranoid now I want to have an even gumline... :oops:

nvcarissa

#2 Post by nvcarissa »

Excellent progress!! You must be so excited!

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

Skinny

#3 Post by Skinny »

Wow Way to Go! You give me hope I have tons of crowding on my lower teeth and I wonder how in the world they will ever get stright. Your teeth look fantastic! I bet you feel so much better. You are looking GREAT!
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Wow! That progress is awesome! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

:dance: your progress is amazing.....congradulations.

keep up the good work and we can't wait to see more progress pics to come.

CLAmom

#6 Post by CLAmom »

Gosh, your teeth look just great!! Congratulations on the one year mark. :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Joanna20

#7 Post by Joanna20 »

That's some great progress! Keep us posted!
I can't wait for my "babies" to get aligned like that!
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

mytch

#8 Post by mytch »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

KK, thanks for that link. The reason I asked about my gums is because I was talking to my ortho last week and I asked her "when will I have a good gum line" and she basically just shrugged it off with a response like "dont worry, they will come into line. i should be able to give you a good gumline". But from what I can see/feel, my teeth really wont be moving that much more in the next 6-9 months.

Time to use the search function to find that other post you were talking about, I think!

Gennel

#9 Post by Gennel »

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! Mytch those are great progress pictures! All that in one year?!!! My upper and lower teeth are pretty similiar to your "before" pics. I'm wondering how often do you go for adjustments? My ortho said every 8 wks. How long did your ortho say you have to wear them ?

Thanks,
Gennel

Evelyn

#10 Post by Evelyn »

That's some great progress!!

Congrats :-)o

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

mytch

#11 Post by mytch »

Hi Gennel,
Generally I go every 5-6 weeks. I just recently got elastics (I wear one on the right 24/7 and one on the left overnight) so my appointments have been every 4 weeks lately.

I've never had an appointment spaced 8 weeks apart. That seems like a rather large gap? My next appointment, for example, is June 16th so that will be 6 weeks from my last one. Apparently I'm on the "home stretch" (so my ortho says), so I'm hoping to get out by the end of the year. I wanted to get them off before July (when I turn 24) but that doesn't look too realistic. Oh well!

hannah164

#12 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Mytch on your one year anniversary! You've made some awesome progress! :thumbsup: :-#) :dance: :banana: You must be very excited! :D WIsh I'd had such great progress in only a year! :roll:

~HAnnah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

BraceFace15

#13 Post by BraceFace15 »

Lookin' good! 8) Congrats!! :-)o