What is YOUR favorite toothpaste?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

What is YOUR favorite toothpaste?

#1 Post by Evelyn »

We all have our favorite toothpastes, you know, the ones that you always go for in the mountain of choices, or grudgingly pass up in an attempt to 'diversify' yourself.

For me, it would have to be a tie between Colgate Luminous in crystal clean mint (the one in the pretty blue metalic tube) and pepsodent with baking soda.

And it just got me thinking...what is YOUR favorite toothpaste?
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

luxekitty

#2 Post by luxekitty »

Aquafresh Extreme Clean, it's got to the point that if I run out and have to use a different toothpaste - it puts me in a bad mood. LOL

Love that stuff!
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie022

#3 Post by Leslie022 »

I'm a Colgate Total girl. I've used other toothpastes recently include Mentadent and Crest, but I love Colgate Total the most. I love that after sleeping for 12 hours, I can wake up and my teeth will still feel clean and smoothe.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

I need to find a favorite. I can tell you what my least favorite is though. Rembrandt Whitening Plus or something like that. I don't think I have ever tasted a toothpaste that had such an absolutely heinous taste. I imagine that is what brushing your teeth with rat poison is like. :?

OTOH, I will say it works well. :)
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Raspberry

#5 Post by Raspberry »

mtbrncofn wrote:I need to find a favorite. I can tell you what my least favorite is though. Rembrandt Whitening Plus or something like that. I don't think I have ever tasted a toothpaste that had such an absolutely heinous taste. I imagine that is what brushing your teeth with rat poison is like. :?

OTOH, I will say it works well. :)
I KNOW! It really burns when it hits your tongue! I have a tube of it that's been sitting in the bathroom for a few months, and everyonce in a while I pick up the wrong tube and get that vile stuff... :shock:
I guess I should throw it out, but it was pretty expensive :lol:

boxerinno

#6 Post by boxerinno »

after years of buying one of europe's best toothpase - elmex. and using their mouthwash, day toohpaste aronal, floss and weekly fluoridization gel treatment.
which have actually given me really great results in preventing decay, i've switched (like a month ago) to this all natural toothpaste from italy. it's called aloement . i also got the mouthwash from the same line called aloe vera esi (the company's name is esi italia).
they claim that their major ingredient is chitosan from shrimps and that it has great anti- bacterial/plaque and anti- enything else properties. it's also free of fluroide, bad sweeteners and alcohol (mouthwash). so, i got off of fluoride and bought their tootpaste for sensitive teeth (over brushing with oral b) and the mouthwash. even my boyfriend bought one paste for whitening from their line.
jeez, i really sound like i'm advertizing their stuff, but this is the first paste which makes my teeth really clean and shiny. and it has stopped any occassional bleeding from brushing.
i'm sure you can find it in usa too. if not, at least you know what to get on your first visit to europe. ;)
Last edited by boxerinno on Thu May 18, 2006 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
citius altius fortius

blackcat20

#7 Post by blackcat20 »

I usually use a Colgate Whitening toothpaste ( in the gold tube) but ive heard thats not a good idea with braces; wouldnt want white teeth with yellow squares in the middle :roll:

Flora2006

#8 Post by Flora2006 »

I've heard so many people here talk about Colgate with baking soda and peroxide...but I've never seen it where I live :(

I use Colgate Total...fresh mint or something like that...love it.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

texasangel

#9 Post by texasangel »

After researching canker sores (I get them all the time - even before braces), I found a toothpaste without SLS online at dentist.net.
It's called Squigle Enamel Saver toothpaste. Unlike some of the other ones I've tried it still foams up. I've tried Biotene toothpaste, but it didn't seem to make my mouth feel clean enough.
So now I love my Squigle Enamel Saver - it's expensive, but it really does help reduce how often and the duration of my canker sores and it doesn't sting them.
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!