My bite is changing!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

My bite is changing!

#1 Post by blondie111 »

OK, this might not be big news to any of you, but to me it's AWESOME! For the first time since I got braced about a month ago, I can finally bite down on both sides of my mouth! I have only been able to eat on one side of my mouth, since the other side (back teeth) didn't touch. Now they touch! There really is something to this orthodontic crap! :wink:

Just had to share that. Thanks for reading!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

eaglesoaring

#2 Post by eaglesoaring »

That's great!!! I haven't been braced yet, but I'm thrilled to see your post, and to hear that you've already seen changes!! Congrats!! You've given me something to look forward to!
Smile
s

Aine

#3 Post by Aine »

Congratulations, blondie!!! Even though you might not be able to see it, it is great to know that progress is being made already! I have been brace for 10 months and my bite is still changing evey day for the better!! Sometimes its a little awkward but I know that it is a step in the right direction!!

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Congratulations, blondie!!! Even though you might not be able to see it, it is great to know that progress is being made already! I have been brace for 10 months and my bite is still changing evey day for the better!! Sometimes its a little awkward but I know that it is a step in the right direction!!
Ditto!
Mine changes all the time too. Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. As long as it is 2 steps forward and only 1 step back, I am fine!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

New2Braces

#5 Post by New2Braces »

Yayyyyy!
Good for you!
I'm hoping it'll be the same for me cos my back teeth don't meet either when I bite down (I found that out yesterday when they X-Rayed my jaw)

Love, Stace xox

ingyandbert

#6 Post by ingyandbert »

Just don't get used to it, lol! If you're anything like me, your bite will change back and forth many times.

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

Fantastic news Blondie ...
My ortho laughed on Wednesday when during one of the many times he asked me to bite ... I replied 'where?'. I have a double bite, plus with teeth seeming to be moving all over the place ... finding a place to bite is sometimes a major challenge. :
I hear you too, Karen. Nothing feels too comfortable for me right now either and next month is my 2 year anniversary!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007