brace face

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tesmama

brace face

#1 Post by tesmama »

I finally decided that I would do ceramic on my upper 6 teeth. :) I'm glad that I did for the looks but they are larger, sharper, and more uncomfortable than the non lig metal speed braces on my other teeth. Also I am trying to keep the ligs as clear as possible by limiting what and how I eat. The staff at the ortho also said I can come back to change the ligs every two weeks and will also teach me to do it myself so I don't have to come to the office as much. (As a mother of three, my time is very limited). My ortho gave me the option of changing the brackets to metal ones if I want to. When I get used to the braces I may take him up on the offer. But overall I think ceramic was the right choice for me. I feel more comfortable talking to people than I would with metal (vanity stinks!!!)
I really did not expect it to be so uncomfortable!!! :( My mouth is still sore (my braces were put on Monday May 15th). I can't eat much. I know it will be worth it but it will be a long year to 18 months!!!!