I've got a toothache (Hehe)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New2Braces

I've got a toothache (Hehe)

#1 Post by New2Braces »

Reckon I can expect that more often when I get braced :lol:

Love, Stace xox

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Yeah...I have 1 tooth that always bothers me...I hope it's because of the braces and not another reason!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

Hi,

If you have a toothache now then you should have it evaluated by a dentist. It could be something as simple as a sinus infection putting pressure in the area of your tooth. Or it could be something a bit more serious that should be evaluated. Aching is not normal and should be looked at. If you do have a problem, you want to have it treated before braces and you also want to know so that it can be included in your treatment plan. Depending on what it is, it can drastically alter treatment options.

Linda,

The pain that you are feeling when you have an adjustment or from normal orthodontic treatment is not from "The nerve" (also known as the pulp) of the tooth. Most of the pain is coming from stretching and compression of the PDL (Periodontal Ligament) that surrounds the tooth and other fibers that are breaking down and remodeling as the tooth moves. You are correct, the ortho pain should only last a few days. As a general rule, Tooth pain is bad, ortho pain is good :D

Good Luck,
Rory

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

I actually like it when one of my teeth are a little sore, I take it to mean that its moving!! Yay!! :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months