Elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PnkPrincess024

Elastics

#1 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

I got my Elastics on today and im happy because this means progress LoL-im at the 8th month mark

I have one rubber band on each side and i only have to change them once a day-besides eating and brushing.

My orth also put a powerchain on top 2day too...they never hurt me much though...this is my 2nd or 3rd powerchain and ive noticed that those ones work very well on the teeth

PnkPrincess024

#2 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

ohh are the powerchains a sign of progress because i really dont no LoL

t3knophile

#3 Post by t3knophile »

Sounds like you are in a very similar situation as myself. I've been wearing braces now for ~9months and just got my elastics on about 2wks ago. However I only have to wear one band on the left side and to be changed once per day. At first it felt kinda strange and I was a bit concerned about wearing it to work, but now after almost two weeks, I hardly notice it there. I keep playing with it with my tongue though, i guess it's something new and foreign in my mouth.

My ortho has had me scheduled every other week for the past few apts, not sure on why but we seem to be making progress. I'm going again tomorrow morning and will be interesting to see what he says is coming next.

The other morning, I woke up and the elastic was just gone. Guess it went "toohhhh" in the middle of the night. Anyone else ever had that?
Ceramic braces on top / Metal braces on bottom :: Aug 1, 2005
Estimated Time :: 12 - 18 months

Aine

#4 Post by Aine »

Hi Pnk.....I got elastics for the first time this morining after being braced for 10 months. Sounds like the same as yours, one on each side. They are "Mountain Gorilla", medium 3/16". I got the elastics to fix my overbite now that my teeth have straightened into position. I have always had powerchains on the top because I had 2 extractions and to tell you the truth they have not bothered me at all! I am supposed to be braced for 20 months total.....what is your time estimate?