IT HAS MOVED!! :o)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris

#1 Post by Chris »

Isn't it exciting when you finally see improvement?

I check my teeth all the time in a mirror, even after 2 years, just to see movement. Hopefully, no one will think I'm vain. :oops: I even check in the mirror when I'm at a stoplight driving in the car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Indy

#2 Post by Indy »

Congrats Lucyloop and way to go Pesky 2 :D Glad to hear that Pesky 2 is getting with the program!

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I am so happy for you Lucy!!!! That is amazing news. :-)o

Your ortho will be in such a good mood when he sees it. :jump:

Hopefully that tooth will really start moving and make its decent real fast. :banana:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

samantha_lou

#4 Post by samantha_lou »

Thats great news Lucy, go Pesky 2!!

:-)o

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

Way to go Pesky 2!! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

JumpTheDitch

#6 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Congratulations Lucyloop, that's sensational news! :jump:

Hopefully now the movement has started it will gain momentum. :thumbsup:

I guess not being braced, your partner is not sufficiently dentally obsessed to fully appreciate your excitement. Never fear, we are! :-*

Here's to progress! :-88

CLAmom

#7 Post by CLAmom »

Well if it moved this much in a day it must be ready to get with the program!!! Congratulations! Even a seemingly small victory is worthy of a big celebration! :-88 :-V :-)o :jump: :-** :thumbsup: :-#) :dance: :banana:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

michelle85

Re: IT HAS MOVED!! :o)

#8 Post by michelle85 »

Lucyloop - That's awesome! I have an impacted canine (and two others stick out like fangs) so I know exactly how you feel! I can't wait until mine comes down :).

Chris - :lol: I do the exact same thing. Partly because I'm still newly braced and I like to look at them :).

Shawnie

#9 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Lucy,

I was so excited when I saw your post! I'm really happy for you that Pesky 2 is moving. This is such a big deal after all these months. To have to wait and wait to see if this one tooth will move. So I think you're right if Pesky 2 moved then I wouldn't think it would be ankylosed either. So it'll be on the move from here on out.

When you say you can feel it now, does that mean that you could see it before, but just not feel it? (I think you had said before that you could always see it?)

I know Laverne is moving, but I'm not so sure about Shirley. But now after reading your post I will try not to worry as it looks like one can take alot longer than the other to move.

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

psychic

#10 Post by psychic »

Great news Lucyloop ! :jump:

I hope that the same happens to me ... quickly!!

It's very revigorating to see that other people are getting improvements!

You must post some pictures of this achievement!! :D

Metal Braces

Evelyn

#11 Post by Evelyn »

Lucy, that's fantastic!!! Especially now that you know that it's definately not ankylosed (sp?)

I'm so happy for you, I know how tedious and sometimes unsatisfying bringing down impacted teeth can be, but you've stuck through it and I believe it makes the reward all the sweeter :D

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Shawnie

#12 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Lucy,

You explained that well. Now I know exactly what you mean. That's how Laverne was last week, and now this week I can feel the corner. Or at least I think it's the corner, or the bottom, or who knows what part!

I agree with Eve - I think it does make the reward that much sweeter. Makes me feel like I can do anything, if I can do this.

Eve - I'm so excited for you to get your braces off. I've told you before how beautiful I think your teeth/smile look, can't wait to see them without any metal. Go Eve!

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

WoolieBagLady

#13 Post by WoolieBagLady »

Yeah Lucy!!

So glad to hear that Pesky 2 is moving!!! I have my exposure surgery tomorrow on my right canine. I am really excited to get things moving along. People think I am crazy for being excited about surgery but they just don't get it!! Great to hear of your progress. Keep us posted.

Ang