One more Question about my orhto

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wazza

One more Question about my orhto

#1 Post by wazza »

I am not too confident with my orthodontist...firstly, it took me 2 weeks for putting the brackets, just the brackets (week 1 my top teeth and week 2 my bottom teeth.) Then during the week, 2 brackets fell out, so it took another week to put those 2 that fell out back in. Now with my brackets, the cement/glue (the white thing) is all on the sides of my bracket, some are quite big and make it look like food is stuck on my braces, which is not the best look. It also makes it hard to floss cause the cement lags across to the gaps where i floss. He said he will trim it down for me. So during the 4th week where he puts in the wires, i ask him to trim it down, but he says again, he'll wait till later cause he is afraid he will make the bracket fall off. Not only that, i also feel, (which the ortho has also noticed) that my top tooth is chipping slightly on the lower bracket. It seems to chip more off every week. He says he knows and just to wait till my teeth go straight...Does anyone know whether all this is normal? :?

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Yikes! Sorry you're having such a tough time. I would be concerned too. In my opinion you should talk to him about your concerns. He may have valid reasons for what he's doing. The only way to know is to ask. And if he knows you're not happy, maybe he'll try and do a better job? Who knows... For the extra glue, my ortho told me that can attract bacteria, so I think you probably want to have that removed. Especially if it's preventing you from flossing. I hope it gets better for you!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.