Excess cement...I haven't noticed for over 9 months!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wazza

#1 Post by wazza »

i think i have excess cement on all my teeth. It looks like i still have some food stuck, but its actually the cement which my ortho says he "will" trim off. (he has shrugged it off for the last two sessions).

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Lucyloop I have excess cement in some spots too. I'm afraid I noticed it fairly quickly though, possibly because I seem to spend hours examining my teeth for minute movement on a daily basis! :oops: I'm wishing I'd taken 'before' pics and 'during' pics now cos it's hard to recognise movement when you check for it every day! :?

Not to worry, hope your excess cement gets sorted out soon! Congrats on the Pesky 2 movement, btw. You must be over the moon. I've just noticed a crooked incisor straightening out recently. :jump: Non-braced people just don't understand how exciting it is to actually see movement. Mind you, I'm a little concerned myself about how excited I am... :oops: lol.

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I have excess cement on a lot of my teeth as well. I must say that I am finding it really annoying...lol.

When I got my lower braces put on, I had cement on 2 of my teeth...so it glued 2 teeth together...thankfully I was able to take the cement off after trying for about 2-3 days but I haven't been successful with the other cemented areas.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

phanta

#4 Post by phanta »

I used Butler Gum's wide wooden toothpics (they're called Stim-U-Dent). The wood is fairly soft, but somehow it pushed excess cement off. I couldn't scrape it off with anything else, and this worked!

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

fins

#5 Post by fins »

Lucy -
I just noticed cement on a tooth I never noticed before and I thought a similar thing, where the heck did that come from? Do you think it is just the angle of the tooth that made it more conspicuous? Maybe a slight movement can bring attention to it?

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#6 Post by nahky »

I noticed this on one of my bottom front teeth (I obviously dont know teeth names)

I was quite annoyed with it actually, it looks like plaque or something, i always forgot to ask my ortho to scrape it off. At first i thought it was food, but the brush wouldnt get it off, so i figured it was cement.

Ok, i know this may sound silly, but i took a small pair of scissors (the pedicure kinds) and got the sharp opint and scraped it off. It came off so easily i was so suprised. I did it very lightly and it got all the excess cement off.

jason
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007