Front top and bottom teeth hitting

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sprouts

Front top and bottom teeth hitting

#1 Post by sprouts »

Hey,

Does anyone here have their front four teeth hit any of their front bottom teeth? After braces I mean. Mine just started to do this a couple of months ago. My front teeth barely overlap the bottom ones to begin with but it is annoying. I am not even sure that anything can be done about it but I'll check anyway.

Thanks
I love Bean Sprouts!

Kazan

#2 Post by Kazan »

Hi there

Yep, had (still have to some degree) the same problem. My lower front teeth moved out faster than my upper front teeth and, as the contact points change, so you start to clash your teeth. Not nice but not abnormal. Slowly you get used to the new position of your teeth and things get better - and then sometimes they get worse again as the teeth move further. I am finding I have benign phases and less benign phases. At the moment cant close my back teeth cos my front teeth dont fit together.

I went to the ortho who explained this and my sister-in-law who is a dentist said much the same thing. Sometimes I wear my mouthguard at night to stop me clenching my teeth in my sleep.

Anyway, it means that things are happening which is progress.

CLAmom

#3 Post by CLAmom »

This is happening with me, too. The center top four barely overlap the bottom and my canines are actually hitting end to end. At my last adjustment I got a power chain on the bottom (canine to canine) to close gaps there & my ortho says this should close my bite better. It's a little better already but the left side canines are still hitting end to end. I don't like the way they feel when I chew & today I'm having a milkshake for lunch! I'm getting a major crossbite corrected so depending on your situation I think this is normal as teeth are being moved around the mouth. I just can't wait till my molars touch again because, man I miss meat--really bad!! :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

sprouts

#4 Post by sprouts »

Thanks for answering!

My braces are off so my teeth are not being purposely moved anymore. I am assuming that you guys still have braces so your teeth would be shifting. Mine seem to have done this on their own. I am always strange and causing trouble anyway. My ortho could never win with me and he still can't.

I guess you just have to roll with the punches.

Toodles!
I love Bean Sprouts!

AlloyAngel

my teeth are pressing together, too! (post-braces)

#5 Post by AlloyAngel »

Hi, Sprout! I was wondering, are you still experiencing this problem, and, if so, have you gotten any answers from your ortho about this?

I was de-banded almost a month ago, and two weeks ago, my top teeth really started pressing/rubbing on the outsides of my bottom four teeth. It's really aggravating, and it even looks like my molars move a little when I clench my teeth down! :shock:

ziggyziggy

#6 Post by ziggyziggy »

i have the exact same problem. i havent bee nable to close my bite for over a month now. i used to have a crossbite and now i can tell some teeth on top overlaps the bottom but some on the bottom are directly below the same ones on top. once those lower ones move back inside, i will have normal bite. never had that in my life b4. :P

AlloyAngel

#7 Post by AlloyAngel »

I'm going to my orthodontist on Thursday because a couple of people have said that they notice that it looks like my top teeth are starting to "tip inward" a little bit. I thought it was just me, being paranoid, but it looks like I'm not the only one. Plus, my bite is, too, uncomfortable. I'm suppossed to be done!! I sure hope that this problem can be fixed by adjusting my Hawley retainer, I don't think I could endure braces again!