1st Adjustment - Progress Photos

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

phanta

1st Adjustment - Progress Photos

#1 Post by phanta »

Hello everyone,
had my first adjustment yesterday, and wanted to show the progress my teeth made in 2 months:
This is day 1.

Less than 2 months later.

My ortho said my teeth have straightened out a lot. Sooner than expected, so he'll be putting in the microimplants next time - yeaaaah! He expected to wait for 6-8 months before doing that, so I'm really excited since this is going at least 2-4 months quicker so far.

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

Nille

#2 Post by Nille »

WOW! Your teeth look great! Awesome progress for just 2 months! Your wires have really straightened out! I hope I can be so lucky for my teeth to move that fast!
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

phanta

#3 Post by phanta »

Thanks! :D Best of luck to you!

I forgot to add, as you can see (can you?) they also changed my wire. They put in a much thicker and sturdier one, it's square, not round. So from what I understand I moved on to 2nd phase? What exactly does the square wire do?

CLAmom

#4 Post by CLAmom »

Wow, what amazing progress in such a short time! Congratulations! I'd also like to hear about the square wire since I got one on top last adjustment. It's still a NITI but it's square and the assistant really had to push to get it into the molar tube thingy. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

ingyandbert

#5 Post by ingyandbert »

Your teeth looked great to begin with; I don't know that I would have even bothered with braces. Your after picture looks perfect.

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

I agree, you teeth looked great on day 1 !! :)

Your lower wire really straighten out. Great progress :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

phanta

#7 Post by phanta »

Thanks for the compliments :) ...and I've had to explain to just about everyone why I'm doing this. Obviously not for cosmetic reasons. I have spacing from missing #6 bottom teeth. They were taken out when I was 10 and 12 years old. And while the other teeth moved a lot closer to the front, there was still some tipping and small to moderate gaps. It's hard to clean larger spaces and gums might get worse with age.

I really beat up myself for being stupid as a kid. I ate so much sugar! I really didn't have to lose those teeth but now I know better of course, and I'm happy I'll still have 28 natural teeth (1 crowned but still...)