Crest Whitestrips

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sprouts

Crest Whitestrips

#1 Post by sprouts »

Ok, I know that this is probably yesterdays news but I felt so smart when I came up with the idea. The bottom strip always shifts and peels off and what not. Nervermind the massive build up of saliva. So I discovered that if I put my retainer over top of it, it stays nicely put. I have a hawley one and it works and so would the invisible kind. You could use your top retainer too but I find the top strip stays there on its own. So if you didn't already think of this go buy some whitestrips and see just how great it works. My personal opinion is that they workk great. I use the premium ones.

Good luck
I love Bean Sprouts!

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

I've heard they work too. Unfortunatly my teeth are too wonky to even try. Once I get my braces on, then off I'll go get some professional whitening, to try and make them babies shine!

drazda

#3 Post by drazda »

Thanks for the idea! I will try it when my braces come off. Still a while from now though.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

rsprouse

#4 Post by rsprouse »

All whitening products use some form of peroxide (hydrogen, carbamide, etc) to whiten your teeth. There are different concentrations which can help accomplish a faster or less sensitive whitening result. The limiting factor in all whitening cases is the amount of time in which the whitening material is in contact with your tooth surface. The saliva in your mouth will eventually dilute the whitening material making it ineffective. This happens unless you use some sort of professional product in an office where your teeth are completely isolated from the rest of your mouth and your saliva.

White strips offer a very weak seal and a poor fit so the whitening material is quickly diluted and is made ineffective. Professionally made whitening trays can offer a great fit and will give consistent and effective results in just about every situation. Some people get a shade or two result from home kits such as Crest White strips and others do not. 99% of people will get a noticeably better result from professional whitening trays used semi-regularly. It just depends on if home products offer a sufficient result and if you are willing to spend the extra money for a professional kit. The suggestion from Sprouts is very good and will help isolate the teeth for a little longer allowing for better results. But a better result will be for those of you with clear trays to apply a drop of bleaching material in each anterior well once a week or every few days until the desired results are accomplished. Of course you should check with your ortho as materials differ and some are not the most compatible with bleaching substances. But anything you can do to keep the saliva out will result in more effective whitening.

Best,
Rory