when you had your brackets repositioned...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tatiana

when you had your brackets repositioned...

#1 Post by tatiana »

...could you tell that they were in a different position? I just had mine repositioned on tuesday and to me, they look like they're exactly in the same place as before. Perhaps an inperceivably small difference can make a large difference in how the tooth lines up?

I'm feeling frustrated b/c my ortho, less than a month ago, was saying how I'd be debraced in 2 appointments. Now he "repositioned" some brackets and put me back in a 16 round wire. this wire downgrade makes me feel like im starting the whole process all over again, except that the results will be the same since my bracket positions didnt change!!

take a look for yourself...before

after "repositioning" and shaping/shortening of my front four teeth

Megera_S

#2 Post by Megera_S »

I just had a few of my brackets repositioned and my ortho said that they go down in wire size because a stronger wire would cause too much pain (as it was, with a weaker wire I was in a fair amount of pain!).
I had three brackets repositioned on the bottom and I can't really tell they've been moved but they're apparently not as crooked as they were, same with the one on the top I got moved.

Good luck! I'm sure things will move fast in the next few weeks :)
Four Wisdom Teeth Extracted: January 2000
Lower First Bicuspids Extracted: Nov. 1st, 2005
Braces on: Nov. 24th, 2005
Duration: 24 months

fins

#3 Post by fins »

I suppose it depends on the ortho and treatment but you can repostition and keep the same wire. The slight repositioning actually does move teeth, sometimes it's only a slight movement but Dr J said it's the sign of a good ortho to pay that much attention to detail.

I couldn't tell mine were repositioned.

fins

#4 Post by fins »

sorry double post

drazda

#5 Post by drazda »

I think my orthodontist has one of my brackets in the wrong place. I've never had any brackets repositioned, I guess he's the expert though.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

I've had brackets repositioned...I couldn't tell the difference with most of the brackets changed, but was able to see the difference on one tooth.

They also stepped me down a wire for one month, though I went back to the previous size at the next adjustment.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Jesslzz

#7 Post by Jesslzz »

I had a bracket repositioned on my last adjustment and I asked my ortho why I had to get back to my previous archwire (I felt the same as you, like a downgrade), and he told me something like you said, Megera_S
my ortho said that they go down in wire size because a stronger wire would cause too much pain (as it was, with a weaker wire I was in a fair amount of pain!).
Wow, it was a lot of pain here too but now my two front teeth are even! I'm really happy. I'm sure your teeth will move to a better position in almost no time, and you might not notice it, but they will move!

Good luck!

Full metalmouth!