blow to your mouth.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

blow to your mouth.

#1 Post by payoki »

I have a year old son and sometimes when I'm holding him, he tries to free himself by twisting and jumping and just the otherday he jumped up while I was holding him to change his clothes and his head bumped my mouth pretty hard. Since then one of my teeth has become very sensitive and I feel pain drinking room temperature water. I'm so worried if there's been a damage to the nerve or something. I'm just hoping that it'll go away but the pain is constantly there..has anyone had a similar experience?
mother of one.

susieq182

#2 Post by susieq182 »

I have an 18 MO old Jack Russell Terror She knocks my jaw all the time hurts like Heck sometimes the pain goes away pretty fast others it lasts for days. I have to say it is much worse right after an adjustment. if you are concerned about the pain call your ortho they can let you know what you should do.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

blondie111

#3 Post by blondie111 »

Ohhh, I know that pain all to well! I have a 125 lb. St. Bernard puppy that thinks to wake me up in the morning, she must ram her snout into my mouth and give me kisses.... hurts a lot, one time she caused me to cut the inside of my lip too... but the pain eventually went away. It took a day or so, but I don't remember having sensitivity to hot or cold..

Definatly call your ortho if it takes several more days to stop hurting, just as a precaution.

Good luck!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

farreach04

#4 Post by farreach04 »

I ride horses and I have a persistent, nagging fear that one of them is going to whack me in the face with their head. Of course, it has happened before, but never while I had braces. :P

5 or 6 years ago, a friend of mine had her braces go completely through her bottom lip when her pony stopped at a jump and she flipped over his head, face first, into the jump. Naughty naughty.