Biting Trauma

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

embracing_the_future

Biting Trauma

#1 Post by embracing_the_future »

I've been in Damon 3's for about 6 months now and am starting elastics in six weeks. I am over the moon with the way my teeth have straightened but now REALLY need to sort out my overbite. Anyway, for about the last two weeks when I chew I have been biting the inside of one of my cheeks pretty much all the time whether I chew on that side or not. It's painful :cry: Has anyone else got or had this problem? And if you have was it fixed when they sorted out your overbite? I fear I may soon have a hole in my cheek if it doesn't get sorted!

CLAmom

#2 Post by CLAmom »

I don't have an overbite but rather a crossbite instead but a couple weeks ago I was constantly biting the inside of my cheek. It started happening shortly after my second adjustment where they placed a square wire on the upper arch, a stainless steel wire on the lower, and a power chain from canine to canine on the lower arch. I'm sure that with all the movement these changes created that I was biting down differently and chomped my cheek. It was so sore for awhile that is was actually hard to talk and I had a big bump over there. Things have quieted down now so either teeth have moved again or I've gotten used to biting more cautiously. I don't bite the cheek anymore so hopefully your situation is temporary, too. Waxing the brackets in the area that's getting bitten may help to allow your teeth to slide by instead of biting, too. Good luck!! :wink:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Skinny

#3 Post by Skinny »

I Bite my Cheek at night, When I wake it very sore and hurts allot so I feel your pain. Im not sure how to help you though I still havent figured out how to keep from biting my cheek in my sleep. :roll:
Maybe its from a bite change that was created?
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny