Powerchain Colors

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebraced

Powerchain Colors

#1 Post by Rebraced »

I have braces for the second time since my teeth have moves after a few years and was supposed to only have these braces on for about 3-4 months. I am going on 9 months now and still not done. I am not complaining because I want great results not speed and I don't mind having braces. I have had clear brackets and wire ties the whole time untill yesterday. I had a few gaps open up so the assistant was told to use a Powerchain upper and lower. I didn not realize this also takes the place of the wire ties (cool). My ortho has awsome assistants so she asked if I wanted a clear powerchain? Then she handed me a box with tons of different colors. I was very nervous to try colors but she thought it would look great so I went for it and tried the blue.
I wish I had done colors the whole time, it's so much more fun than trying to hide that you have braces. Here is a picture of my first set of colors. Image[/img]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

juf_84

#2 Post by juf_84 »

Looks great Rebraced!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

they look great , thats me to at 48 , when ever i can get colored anything i still do, Headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

I figure everyones going to see my braces anyhow (full metal), might as well spice it up with some color. The only thing I can't decide right now is what color I'll go with first, glo in the dark green(if available), dark red(match my car!) or my fav color, yellow.

HeadgearJoe

#5 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i've done the glow in the dark, there great when you first get them , find a strong light an charge them puppy's up an have fun , but it don't last long , an after a week or so they dont glow at all , but when you first get them you can have fun , get ready for bed charge them up an show them off to your spouse, KOOL , have fun , i do (HEADGEARJOE) :wink:
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Rebraced

#6 Post by Rebraced »

I figured why not since by birthday is on the 6th lets have some fun with this. Now I am looking around to see what my next set of wild colors are going to be. I am however paranoid that I might stain or discolor my blue powerchains so I brush right after every meal.

Rebraced

Blue Powerchain

#7 Post by Rebraced »

I had an appointment yesterday and my gaps still haven't closed all the way so my ortho took off my old light blue powerchain and made some adjustments. I decided on a darker blue this time both top and bottom. I was going to try lime green on the bottom but decided against it. This is supposed to be my last adjustment before getting fitted for my retainers so I guess this is my last chance with colors.

Image[/img]

Rebraced

#8 Post by Rebraced »

Thanks KK, I am really excited about the end. I am scheduled for my retainers in early September and debanding two weeks later. I am a little nervous about the whole retainer thing. I don't want my teeth to move again.

Paws917

#9 Post by Paws917 »

Okay, I'm new to the whole world of braces (only had them two weeks so far), but I see a lot of talk on this board about powerchains. What the heck are they?

Erin

eurydice

#10 Post by eurydice »

Hi Lovely colour, I have that colour quite a lot as it's my favourite. I've had to have colours the whole time, and in fact at the moment I have triple chains on top and bottom so my mouth can look very colourful at times! This is my last time though in colours... I am having my retainer moulds made in 5 weeks and braces off 12 September woooppeeee

Good luck!
Eury
Braced 3 May 2005

Paws917

#11 Post by Paws917 »

Thanks for the link, KK -- I got the picture now!

Erin