Double wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missing_tooth

Double wire

#1 Post by missing_tooth »

Has anyone ever gotten a double wire before? I got one today, and a bit surprised to. I have my usual wire for putting my teeth into position and a second lighter wire to attach the gold chain that is connected to an impacted tooth. Life is just full of surprises.

- Missing Tooth -

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Missing_tooth!

My first adjustment after my canine exposure my ortho gave me 2 new wires too! AS you said, one was to align my teeth and the other was a lighter one that he attached through the gold chains of the impacted teeth! No one else I had talked to had ever had this so its good to hear I'm not the only one! :) With my third impacted tooth, BIlly :wink: , my ortho just brought the regular wire up into the gold chain! Ouch! :shock:

THat was probably one of my most painful adjustments! :( Hopefully you don't have too much pain! :wink: I remember it took my ortho around 15 minutes to do this and everyone else at the ortho's was looking at me funny! All the parents who go in their to watch their kids are staring at you! :roll:

Hopefully this will start bringing down your impacted tooth! :D Lovin' the ligs! Funny, that was the same color I got when I got my double wires! :lol:
Good luck and keep us posted! :dance:

~HAnnah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Henna_the_braceface

#3 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I have a double wire! But only on 1 side of my mouth. Apparently its to shift my midline??? Once both the wires got tangled and that was a bit of a problem, but its ok now.

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

I had no idea that they could do that.....double wire thing. It is kind of neat. I hope you aren't having too much pain.

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

no sorry my mistake i have a TRIPLE wire. i'll try and post pics of it asap. :D

missing_tooth

#6 Post by missing_tooth »

Tripple wire? WOW. Why would one need a tripple wire?

- Missing Tooth -

Henna_the_braceface

#7 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

hmm im not sure but its proving difficult to take pics of it. I'll try another technique. Apparantly my midline is quite off so it's to fix that. :D

Henna_the_braceface

#8 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I think it is a double wire but it look like a triple one. :? [/img]

missing_tooth

#9 Post by missing_tooth »

think it is a double wire but it look like a triple one
Did your lips hurt when you got a second wire? Mine now feel like they are fire, like when I first got braces. I also now have this sore, I'm not sure if it's just a sore that sprung up, ( never had one before ) or if it's just irritated from rubbing on the bracket hook.

- Missing Tooth -

Henna_the_braceface

#10 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

missing_tooth wrote:
think it is a double wire but it look like a triple one
Did your lips hurt when you got a second wire? Mine now feel like they are fire, like when I first got braces. I also now have this sore, I'm not sure if it's just a sore that sprung up, ( never had one before ) or if it's just irritated from rubbing on the bracket hook.

- Missing Tooth -
Yep you're not alone there Missing Tooth! Sores erupted in my mouth as soon as I got my double/triple wire. My cheeks hurt aswell.

missing_tooth

#11 Post by missing_tooth »

Yep you're not alone there Missing Tooth! Sores erupted in my mouth as soon as I got my double/triple wire. My cheeks hurt aswell.
Thanks for the info, that's good to know. Because I have this pain in my cheek near my back molor. I'm not certain if it's a sore or the bracket/wire poking me. I'll be checking in to the ortho if it doesn't clear up soon.
warm salt-water rinses, and keep your mouth from getting too acidic (tums, or whatever) to help reduce the discomfort.
Would anyone have the salt to water ratio for salt-water mouth rinses?

- Missing Tooth -

fitchick

#12 Post by fitchick »

Missing-Tooth,

I found on the net the ratio is 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 8oz warm water. For a stronger solution, reduce to 4oz of water. I've found the stronger solution helps.

Julie

Henna_the_braceface

#13 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

At least we're all in this journey together!