My 2nd adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

My 2nd adjustment

#1 Post by genxsis »

Just had my second adjustment yesterday, exactly 4 months since being braced. Not quite as painful as the 1st time, but it still hurt. They put in a longer wire that reaches back to my rear molars rather than just the first ones. So now ALL of my teeth are involved in the process, which is good because my back teeth were starting to slant outward and cause me to bite my cheeks. Those back teeth are hurting today now that they're under pressure for the first time! I know that'll end soon. Experience really pays off!

Oh yeah, they also did a little tooth shaping, which I was leery of. I don't like the idea of enamel being ground off my teeth! But they said it doesn't hurt anything. Are they right?

Also, I have a chain spanning both the top and bottom teeth--from one end to the other. Before, they just had a few short ones in different places. Now it's everywhere! What exactly does that do that the ties and archwire doesn't?
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

I beleive powerchains are used primarily for closing gaps

genxsis

#3 Post by genxsis »

For closing gaps? I don't really have gaps where they put the chains before. And now they've got 2 long chains covering every tooth in my mouth. There are a few gaps though, and they have closed up nicely so far.
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"