How much younger did your braces make you look?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TuZZi

#16 Post by TuZZi »

I always tell people.... "you're only as old as you feel.... so don't feel old!"

I'm 27 in 3 weeks and I get carded trying to buy lottery tickets (18) and buying alcohol or going to the bar (19.) People at work have flat out argued with me because I told them my age or that I had graduated from college already, they thought I was still in highschool!

Now.... I was having all this before the braces, and it's just continuing now. I guess I don't necessarily look any younger, but I mess people up constantly.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

susieq182

#17 Post by susieq182 »

http://www.oprah.com/health/lifestages/ ... main.jhtml

I have way to much free time. i was surfing the net when I came across this. It is a "real Age" calculator. its pretty easy to do I am 24 and it gave me a real age of just over 18 so my mind is 24 but my body is only 18. thought it kinda fit with the post. check it out if you like pretty nifty
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Jeneva

#18 Post by Jeneva »

boy... looking younger, losing wieght... these braces aren't gonna be so bad... lol
Spacers in 17 June 2006
top braced 28 June 06
bottom spacers 6 November 06
bottom braced 16 November 06

M1k3y

#19 Post by M1k3y »

I'm 27 and before braces I have always been told that I look like I'm 23 yrs old. Now with braces...I look even younger. Looking young runs in my family so I expected this to happen. My father is 60 and looks like he is 45. Just embrace it because when you are older you'll appreciate it the most.

blondie111

#20 Post by blondie111 »

Just this past holiday weekend, I went in to buy some beer for my family, and the guy working asked for my ID! I was laughing so hard! 21 is the legal buying age, and I'm 32! So yes, it does make me feel young, but it's not always a bad thing! 8)

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

jcdamon3

#21 Post by jcdamon3 »

I'm 53, have had braces for 7 months, and last week I was asked if I wanted a senior citizen discount in a store. So, I guess the "braces = look young" isn't working for me.

Seriously, being over 50 isn't bad and it isn't a crime. How about if we all respect each others' ages?
I don't think it's working for me either! :lol:

But bring on that Senior Discount! That's what I say! I can't wait!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

fitchick

#22 Post by fitchick »

I can't wait for people to tell me how young I look in braces. I am dreading my 40th next month and would glady welcome comments telling me I look younger than I am.

After my ortho telling me I'd be in some pain after he struggled to fit spacers between some of my teeth, I went to the supermarket to buy painkillers and I was asked for over 21yrs ID. I couldn't wait to tell everyone!! If I get asked for ID again because of having braces then I'll be chuffed to bits I can tell you. It's a different thing when you are older.

When we are young we want to look old and vice versa. I can also sympathise with the younger people that feel they are not treated as adults.

Good Luck to everyone on their journey.

trequ

#23 Post by trequ »

well im 18, and i personally think i look about 16 with my braces. But i went camping with a bunch of older people awhile ago, and i asked someone how old he was, he said he was 26, and then he asked how old i was, so i made him guess. he actually guess about 22!! i was amazingly shocked! now, it was dark out, so im taking that into account, also i was with a bunch of older people. soim pretty sure thats why they guessed i was older than what i was. but honestly i belive i look about 16

Dark_angel

#24 Post by Dark_angel »

Fitchick
I went to the supermarket to buy painkillers and I was asked for over 21yrs ID.
In the UK there is no restriction on buying painkillers.

missing_tooth

#25 Post by missing_tooth »

I've gotten quite the age range since getting braces. My age has been guessed as low as 17 and as high as 23. Considering I'm just over 30, not too bad. I did post a pic here once, looked like 13-14. But had to take it down due to pervs.

Anyway, I look much younger, perhaps these braces are keepers.

- Missing Tooth -

ingyandbert

#26 Post by ingyandbert »

I'm 45 and it told me my real age is 34.5. Not bad!

Vonster

#27 Post by Vonster »

I never looked younger than I actually was until I got into my thirties...I guess the clean living and genetics are finally paying off! I'm 38, and I have a 19 year old son (who went to the mall with me once and just died laughing when his girlfriend called to tell him that one of her friends saw us and was telling her all about the hottie he was at the mall with). My boss has accused me of sleeping in formaldehyde.... :lol:

Part of it is not smoking, staying out of the sun, and working out. But a bigger part of it is a youthful attitude!

Vonster

Damon 3's, top and bottom
April 5, 2005

snowbunny

#28 Post by snowbunny »

Funny, no one's ever mentioned age when they see my braces. Then again, I'm 43 so no one's gonna mistake me for a teenager. They probably think I'm so old that age isn't a topic for discussion!

I'm now on my second wire and teeth are getting straighter. Can't believe I've had these things on for nearly four months, seems like they've always been there.
I'm so impatient!
Upper metals on 10th Feb 2006
Estimated treatment time 9-12 months

akabraces

#29 Post by akabraces »

Hello!

I've actually really been having a hard time with age discrimination since I got braces--I look VERY young with my braces, I mean, I could seriously pass for like 14-17 because I'm short, thin, and have a young face...and 'grown-up's have been treating me soooo horribly b/c they think I'm a teenager--I actually got verbally and almost physically assaulted yesterday by this woman on the street b/c she thought she was talking to like a 14 year old and could bully me around, and when she realized I wasn't she was so embarrassed that she latched on to me like a little terrier and wouldn't leave me alone...it was terrrrible...To be having all these people pulling all this condescending stuff just is terrible, and nobody should be treated so horribly no matter what age they are...

I just find it funny b/c I'm a university professor and professional writer, so these people start saying rude things to me, and I shoot back with a witty and biting response that they never saw coming b/c they think
I'm a 'kid.' Boy do they seem surprised!

So here's to treating people of all ages with respect and kindness!

*aka

IntentionallyBlank

#30 Post by IntentionallyBlank »

Looking young? I'm not sure how young i'll look now that i have braces, but on Saturday night i got asked for ID in a bar in belfast.

I'm 30 and our legal drinking age is 18. :lol:

IB.
"There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact... it's all dark."