Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anticipator

#106 Post by Anticipator »

I'm continuing to be a fan of Evelyn's color choices (but her teeth look so good that I'm sure anything would look nice on them). :P

I want to try a couple of them out but the alternating colors seem like they'd highlight the different positions of my teeth. When I first opted to get colored ligs my orthodontist questioned whether I wanted them on my upper laterals because they were off the wire and higher up than the rest of my teeth, and she felt this might bring attention to them. That was with a single color (navy blue).

Hopefully when everything's more lined up I'll have an easier time pulling off the alternating look.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

alexa

#107 Post by alexa »

I'm continuing to be a fan of Evelyn's color choices (but her teeth look so good that I'm sure anything would look nice on them). :P

I want to try a couple of them out but the alternating colors seem like they'd highlight the different positions of my teeth. When I first opted to get colored ligs my orthodontist questioned whether I wanted them on my upper laterals because they were off the wire and higher up than the rest of my teeth, and she felt this might bring attention to them. That was with a single color (navy blue).

Hopefully when everything's more lined up I'll have an easier time pulling off the alternating look.
Yeah. Evelyn does pick good colors. :D

As for highlighting displaced teeth and all, I don't think it really does. Really, I don't think anyone aside from us and other braced people notice what color we have on there. I don't think anyone pays that close attention to our mouths, but instead they look at the whole picture. No one has ever criticized my "outlandish" ligature choices, nor as it made anyone stare at my mouth....unless of course I was showing off the colors at the time. :wink: Don't let other people's opinions drag ya down!

P.S.

First Day In Braces--Black and Pink

8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Kourtney Kitty

Neon Rainbow

#108 Post by Kourtney Kitty »

Here are my new ligs! I couldn't decide what I wanted so I went with neon rainbow!
Kourtney Kitty = Geek Girl = Brace Face! Whoo Hoo!

jennandtonic

#109 Post by jennandtonic »

My current ligs:

Kind of a metallic green color. I'm definitely going with the metallic colors for awhile!

SkyWolf

#110 Post by SkyWolf »

I have had my braces almost 6 months now these are the colors I have tried:(the first is my top colot the second is my bottom color)
Day I got braced: Black, Black

1st Adjustment: Teal, Metallic Purple (I disliked these that same day. They didn't seem to cover the brackets and you could barely see them.)

2nd Adjustment: Red (The red color actually looked kind of orangish to me and I didn't like it at all.), mediterranean blue and shocking pink

3rd Adjustment: light bright purple, baby blue and baby pink (I liked the colors when I got them but after about two weeks they stained and changed colors to a light orange and a lime green two of my least favorite colors.)

4th Adjustment: light bright purple and teal (I have a 4,6,4 powerchain so it is teal purple teal), light bright purple and teal (the bottom is two purple and 6 teal then two purple to alternate to the top.)

I'm not 100% sure yet but I think my next move may be Medit blue, shocking pink, Medit blue on top and half gold half silver on bottom or maybe an alternating pattern. Anyway those are the colors I've had and what I thought of them.

butterfly

#111 Post by butterfly »

KK what an awesome color!! Makes the teeth look so white. I am still debating which color to take for the first time... Probably I will get light pink because it is less obvious. But this blue makes me think.......... Maybe I will be brave enough to go for it :D
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

KathleenH

#112 Post by KathleenH »

I am so jealous of those whose orthos use individual ligs. Mine only wants to use powerchains on me, so I don't get to have as much fun with my colors.

I only started using colors about six months ago; I have no idea why I waited almost two years to try them out.

I just went in today and got light blue on top, and shocking pink on bottom. I don't think people will get the reference, but it's fun for me.
Kathleen

Surgery survivor

alexa

#113 Post by alexa »

Nice blue, Karen!
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

KJM

#114 Post by KJM »

Fuschia/pink I got today at my appointment
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

KDangel18

#115 Post by KDangel18 »

just rotating the topic back around...I picked pink and teal today...brightness for the summer 8)

Upper-Ceramic
Lower-Metal
Braced 2/22/06
Removed 5/23/07

butterfly

#116 Post by butterfly »

Wow I love this setup!! Your brace looks like jewellery. You have very white teeth too. Nice.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Rebraced

Color Powerchain

#117 Post by Rebraced »

Here is my first experience with colors. The actual color is a brighter blue than what the camera sees. I never knew power chains could be so much fun.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

brat 2

#118 Post by brat 2 »

On my last adjustment 2 days ago I picked glow in the dark pink and purple. They are pretty creepy when all you see in the dark is glowing teeth. My daughter thought they looked pretty creepy. They are real light in color and I think they make my teeth look whiter :D They are my favorite color so far.
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006

sportsgrl97

#119 Post by sportsgrl97 »

lime green and navy blue

[/img]Image

lime green on top and baby blue on bottom

psychic

#120 Post by psychic »

Blue ligs (first ones):

and now, in my first ajustment, the pale rose:

I would like to try the yellow ligs!