archwire crooked, not broken, what to do...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

archwire crooked, not broken, what to do...

#1 Post by poloaa »

Since i had braces put on, i use my back molar to grind my food, but i just found out that the archwire in between that molar and the premolar teeth is crooked, is that necessary to call the ortho , it is not broken, but just crooked , if anyone who has the same problems, please let me know.
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

Hi, is the wire over an extraction or large gap?

If this is the case my first wire bent because it was over an extraction gap and its a very light wire. When you get a new stronger wire this will not happen.

perfectangel818

#3 Post by perfectangel818 »

not sure if yours is the same, but one of my teeth is a teeny bit higher than the rest, so there is a bend when it goes up. come to think of it, not so sure that there is a bend anymore... i'm gonna go brush and take a picture!
Stacy

rsprouse

#4 Post by rsprouse »

Your ortho will bracket your teeth in different ways in order to accomplish different movements. The same holds true with putting different types of bends into the wire. It is all dynamics. It is perfectly normal to have wires that are not straight.

Good Luck,
Rory