finally it's happened to me and i just cannot hide it

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

akabraces

finally it's happened to me and i just cannot hide it

#1 Post by akabraces »

Hello!

Well, I've joined the club of the dreaded nightmare--right before I woke up today I had a dream/nightmare that my teeth were falling out in my braces...I know this is a common dream, but while I was having it, it felt sooo real...when I woke up I was so grateful it was a dream!

The inside of my lip in front of my front teeth is cut up today and I'm looking at it as a good sign b/c maybe it means my teeth are FINALLY moving a litttle bit...I can only pray ; )

enjoy the day!

*aka

Wyo_Stacy

#2 Post by Wyo_Stacy »

Isn't it funny that so many of us have a dream like that.
In my dream I had one tooth fall out and I started to call my oral surgeon (a close friend). Before I could call him several more fell out and I just drove to his house for help. I guess I thought he could help me at home even though he has nothing to work with. It is probably because his house was closer to mine than his office. Then I woke up and calmed down.
I just think those dreams are great when you find out so many others have similar experiences.

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I had that dream about a week after getting braced but not since then.

jcdamon3

#4 Post by jcdamon3 »

Behold the power of suggestion! I read this post last night and I had the dream! In my dream my four bottom front teeth were going back to their original locations (which was pretty bad). I kept trying to figure out why and though maybe the wire had gotten loose so I was checking the wire in my back molar to see if I could push it back in and tighten it. Then my teeth just started getting worse and worse and looser and looser.

Okay I had a really stressful week last week and this week probably won't be too much better!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Way Too Old For This

#5 Post by Way Too Old For This »

aka, I feel for you but I still get horrible dream award for my spider in the gums dream I posted earlier.

See my post on this page (warning it is SOOOOOOOOO gross)

viewtopic.php?t=10278&start=0
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

paulosportz

#6 Post by paulosportz »

its my first night with braces

and i already experienced a dream in which my teeth were falling off!!!!

NO MORE! scareyyy