children are funny

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

susieq182

children are funny

#1 Post by susieq182 »

I just wanted to share a possitive braces experience. Over the weekend my oldest brother got married. So the whole family was there. IT was the first time since I got braces that I had seen some of my family from out of town. THe adults as always were supportive if they even noticed I had braces, but most didnt notice until the photographer said something. The little ones where totally curious. they wanted to touch my brackets and asked if it hurt me at all. One of my little girl cousins asked her mom if she could have pretty teeth like mine when she got older. Mind you these are 3-4 yr olds who for the most part havent seen anyone they know with braces. I thought it was cute. Just wanted to share a happy note.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

not2worry39212

#2 Post by not2worry39212 »

That is too cute. I'm new to braces (3 weeks into the process today) and my 4 year old daughter always wants me to let her see my braces (after I got them on she told me she wanted braces like me)....unfortunately she's got an under bite and cross bite so she'll probably get her wish. :lol: Also my 16 month old always likes to touch them, she puts her hand in my mouth and then laughs.

Not2worry..

usa1

#3 Post by usa1 »

Thats funny. My boys (3 and 5 year old) always want to touch my brackets. I threaten them that if they dont brush their teeth they will have to get braces. They run away screaming in terror looking for their tooth brush. Im so mean. ha ha.
Braces July 26 2005
Treatment time 24 months
Damon 3's top Damon 2's bottom

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

That is really sweet.

I told my 3 year old boy that I was getting braces and showed him pics of what they will look like. Now he is telling everyone that I am getting "braceletts" on my teeth.

Isn't that cute. I just didn't even correct him because it makes me smile every time he says that! :jokerlaugh:

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

When my nextdoor neighbor was 5, she saw me when I was coming into the main door of our building and smiled before saying, "The jewlery on your teeth is pretty!" :)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

bracesmom

#6 Post by bracesmom »

My boys are 2 1/2 and almost 5.

My 2 year old likes to "play" the cross elastics with his little finger. When he first saw them, he looked at me in horror and said "owie...".

My older son keeps asking when I'll get them off. Kids in his class ask what's on my teeth and just stare in amazement. Very cute.

paulosportz

#7 Post by paulosportz »

lol kids! how cute... always so curious

naomi

#8 Post by naomi »

One day we were visiting with some family members and my little 3 year old cousin was sitting on my knee. He was totally quiet for a while and then he looks me up in the face and says in a very serious tone of voice, "Do you know why I love you so much?" and I asked him why and he says, "It's because of those things on your teeth". :lol: I tried soooo hard not to laugh because he was being dead serious but it was pretty darn funny.
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

Delag

#9 Post by Delag »

My girls are hiding in their room right now making me a surprise. When I asked them if they needed help my oldest said, ¨no Mommy, why don't you go on the computer and look at teeth while we finish.¨

naomi

#10 Post by naomi »

Delag wrote:My girls are hiding in their room right now making me a surprise. When I asked them if they needed help my oldest said, ¨no Mommy, why don't you go on the computer and look at teeth while we finish.¨
:lol: too funny!
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

DizzyKitty

#11 Post by DizzyKitty »

"Go on your computer and look at teeth for awhile" LOL too cute.

My son is 9 and he likes to pick out the next color I will get. Every so often he will ask me to smile then he will study them and say "looks like everything is coming along fine mommy". Or "You teeth look beautiful now!" if he needs to s*ck up. He also says he wants them when he gets older and by looking at his teeth, sure looks like he will get them.
- Dizzy

Way Too Old For This

#12 Post by Way Too Old For This »

This thread made me laugh. And I certainly needed that today !

From now I'm going to call my braces 'bracelets'! That sounds so much better!

and
no Mommy, why don't you go on the computer and look at teeth while we finish
Now that is priceless ! Can you just imagine what they say to their friends parents? "Oh I don't think my mom can drive us to the field trip, she has to stay home and look at teeth on the computer"
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

psychic

#13 Post by psychic »

I work with children, and when they saw me the first time with braces on, they started to ask what was that for... i had to tell them those were braces and that i was wearing them to straighten up my teeth, some of the reactions were fabulous! (they are about 4/5 years old)

- Yes, your teeth are "twisted" (that WAS the term used!!)
- Your teeth are sparkling now... it seems like you have diamants on them!
- It fits you nice!

Nothing boosted my confidence more!!

Metal Braces

BraceFace12

#14 Post by BraceFace12 »

Aww..those were all so adorable. Once again a time that makes me proud to have braces.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Jillianleab

#15 Post by Jillianleab »

I hate to break the stream of happy stories, but here's how my 13 year old sister in law reacted:

Her: I hear you don't like your braces
Me: I'm getting used to them
Her: Oh. I hope I don't have to get braces
Me: Why?
Her: Because! They look so ugly!

Gee.... thanks.
little brat :evil:
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here: