Expanders Are Out After 14 Months! Before and After Pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jaws

Expanders Are Out After 14 Months! Before and After Pics!

#1 Post by jaws »

Hi Everyone,

My ortho finally took out my expanders today, since I am scheduled to get my braces off in around 2 weeks and they needed to take molds for my retainers. I thought I would post some before and after pics.

I had these expanders for 14 months, so it was GREAT to get them off! :D

My mouth feels huge and my tongue finally has a place to rest--it's great!!

TOP BEFORE:

TOP AFTER:

BOTTOM BEFORE:

BOTTOM AFTER:

Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

eaglesoaring

#2 Post by eaglesoaring »

Jaws (great name by the way)-

Congrats!!!!! Wohoooo! I haven't needed expanders (wonder if I will), but what a difference! It really shows in your pics. Plus, congrats on getting your braces off! And, further...your teeth look AWESOME!!! I'm happy for you!

Traffic

#3 Post by Traffic »

Wow! What a difference! They look great.

saycheese

#4 Post by saycheese »

Awesome!

I just brushed my teeth and was feeling sorry for myself because I'm not seeing much progression.

Your pics give me hope.

Congrats!
ceramic uppers
metal bottoms

Estimated Treatment Time - 36 months

bracesmom

#5 Post by bracesmom »

Wow, that looks so great! Do you know the name of your expander? Mine was like that only squared at the arch and it was called an E-Arch.

Mine was removed after only 4 mo then I was moved to cross elastics. I hope my palate looks that good when I'm done.

QUESTION, do your teeth fit together with your new bit comfortably? My bite has been awkward for so long, I wonder if it will ever feel normal.

Dark_angel

#6 Post by Dark_angel »

Congratulations you must be so pleased. I wish my teeth were as great. And i know when i get rid of my headgear i will be as happy as you are today :D

CLAmom

#7 Post by CLAmom »

Wow, congratulations! I bet that feels a lot better. You're arches look amazing! :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Jeneva

#8 Post by Jeneva »

Jaws - your teeth look beautiful! 14 months well spent ;) +\+
Spacers in 17 June 2006
top braced 28 June 06
bottom spacers 6 November 06
bottom braced 16 November 06

MuleNag

#9 Post by MuleNag »

I didn't know about expanders...I'm a complete newbie to this ortho stuff, but your pics are amazing and give so much hope! Congrats on your progress!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

That's so awesome! Glad you're expander-free! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

fitchick

#11 Post by fitchick »

WOW!

What a difference? Amazing! Seeing pictures like this make you realise its all worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julie

jaws

#12 Post by jaws »

Thanks everyone for your replies! It feels amazing to not have the expanders anymore, I can eat and speak, and nothing is digging into the top of my mouth! :D

bracesmom--my bite still doesn't feel totally normal, but my ortho plans to do a bit of retainer work on my back molars. Hopefully that will make things feel better. My teeth all line up, some of my molars just feel a little 'off'. Although you never know, maybe my teeth are now in the 'correct' positions, and I'm just not used to having a normal bite!
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

McGinley

#13 Post by McGinley »

saycheese wrote: I just brushed my teeth and was feeling sorry for myself because I'm not seeing much progression.

Your pics give me hope.
Aww, that almost made me cry! :P
Braces on: 1st December 2004
Estimated sentence: 18months
Feeling: Achey.

jbjalways

Braces with Expander at the same time

#14 Post by jbjalways »

Ok, now Ortho #4 says he would do the expander at the same time with the braces. Has anyone heard of that? But braces 24-30 months.

Ortho #1 says expander 8-12 weeks before braces. He also says I will have a wide beautiful smile. Braces 24 months

They are about the same price, but Ortho#4's office is much friendlier and patient with all the questions I bombarded him with. He said he could get them straight and widen the arch a bit, but didn't sell the "Hollywood" wide smile like #1 did.

I'm so confused. I'm 33 and want this all over with as soon as possible. Not sure which one to pick. Help!!!

ren

#15 Post by ren »

congrats!! That's such excellent news :) I'm still waiting for mine to come out (almost 21 months)...is that a world record? lol

ren 8)