Getting more brackets put on.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Char

Getting more brackets put on.

#1 Post by Char »

I have had 6 brackets on top and 6 on bottom for the 18 months I've been braced. Next visit, 3 weeks, they are putting brackets on all of my teeth, he said to line everything up.
My overbite is just about corrected.
Does anyone know if this is getting close to the end. I'm telling myself another year, just so I don't get anxiety.

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Sorry to disappoint you, but I doubt that you are near the end. They still need to level all your teeth and then get your bite correct. That is where I am at now. At times it seems to go fast and at other times I can't believe how long it has taken to get this far.

Good luck to you.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

I just got brackets put on my back 4 molars a few weeks ago. All I can say is I didn't know how good I had it before they went on! I had to use wax 24/7 until just a few days ago when the tissue finally hardened up enough to withstand the rubbing. That's the part of the mouth where the teeth are closest to the tissue, so it rubs worse than anywhere else. It's no fun, but it does get better with time so hang in there.