a question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stephy79

a question

#1 Post by stephy79 »

Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but when I go next Thursday to get these spacers out and get my braces on, will they clean and floss my teeth before they put the braces on, or will they let me brush my teeth or anything? I just really want to clean between the teeeth where the spacers are.

Stephanie

Kevin

#2 Post by Kevin »

Just ask them. I'm sure they'll let you. :)

stephy79

#3 Post by stephy79 »

Thanks Kevin! :wink:

Stephanie

fitchick

#4 Post by fitchick »

Hi Stephanie,

I had my brace put on last Friday, and assuming your ortho is like mine, he cleaned and polished my teeth before attaching the brace. I'd have thought it was probably common practice, but I'd ask first just in case.

Good Luck with your brace. Don't forget to ask him to supply you with plenty of wax!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephy79

#5 Post by stephy79 »

Thank you Julie. I hope my ortho cleans my teeth first! And I'll be sure to ask for that wax...lol.

Stephanie

Attagirl2

#6 Post by Attagirl2 »

As I recall, for me they cleaned and etched the area where the brackets were placed, but did not clean and floss between my teeth. Every time I go, I am expected to stop and the sink and brush my teeth before any work is done.

I wish you well on your braces journey.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

stephy79

#7 Post by stephy79 »

Thanks Attagirl2! I will take my tooth brush with me just incase!

Stephanie