Damon 3 wearer's with tooth colored arch wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HONEYGIRL

Damon 3 wearer's with tooth colored arch wire

#1 Post by HONEYGIRL »

Hi, Newbie here. I have lurked loooooooong enough, and now I have a question. I was wondering if there's anyone here with the combination of Damon 3 braces with tooth colored arch wire? If so, do you have any pics? Thanks! :D Also, how long does the arch wire stay white? Is staining a problem? TIA

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Welcome, but I cannot help you with the tooth colored arch wire. I don't think they could use this because the wire needs to be able to move in the brackets. When that happens, it would rub the coating off the wire, I would think.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

HONEYGIRL

#3 Post by HONEYGIRL »

Attagirl2 wrote:Welcome, but I cannot help you with the tooth colored arch wire. I don't think they could use this because the wire needs to be able to move in the brackets. When that happens, it would rub the coating off the wire, I would think.
Hi, and thanks for the reply attagirl! I love your smile in your avatar! I'm gonna be "bling" "blinging" like you in another month. 8)

Attagirl2

#4 Post by Attagirl2 »

Glad you like the smile Honeygirl. That picture was taken about a year ago! My teeth are even better now, at least I think so. Need to take a new picture and update the Avatar... Say cheeze....
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

M1k3y

#5 Post by M1k3y »

I don't have damon brackets but I do have the "tooth colored" archwire and so far the color has not chipped off or even scraped. I seriously doubt that paying thousands of dollards will result in cheap hardware. I wouldnt worry about it since they are replaced at every adjustment you have.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

HONEYGIRL

#6 Post by HONEYGIRL »

M1k3y wrote:I don't have damon brackets but I do have the "tooth colored" archwire and so far the color has not chipped off or even scraped. I seriously doubt that paying thousands of dollards will result in cheap hardware. I wouldnt worry about it since they are replaced at every adjustment you have.
Hey, M1k3y, Thanks for the info and providing the pics! The braces look great on you!

HONEYGIRL

#7 Post by HONEYGIRL »

M1k3y wrote:I don't have damon brackets but I do have the "tooth colored" archwire and so far the color has not chipped off or even scraped. I seriously doubt that paying thousands of dollards will result in cheap hardware. I wouldnt worry about it since they are replaced at every adjustment you have.
:lol: Forgive me for the dumbness...I didn't know the wire is changed at every adjustment! :oops:

jennielee81

#8 Post by jennielee81 »

It depends. My bottom wire isnt' changed much but my top has been changed 4 out of 6 adjustments. (over 14 months)

M1k3y has a different treatment plan and his wire is changed more than mine.

Depends on your teeth, your ortho's plan, and the wire that is currently being used.

Don't feel dumb!!! Experience is the best teacher! :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

HONEYGIRL

#9 Post by HONEYGIRL »

jennielee81 wrote:It depends. My bottom wire isnt' changed much but my top has been changed 4 out of 6 adjustments. (over 14 months)

M1k3y has a different treatment plan and his wire is changed more than mine.

Depends on your teeth, your ortho's plan, and the wire that is currently being used.

Don't feel dumb!!! Experience is the best teacher! :D
Hey there jennielee! I appreciate the feedback, and your teeth look pretty in your avatar just like Atta's!

HONEYGIRL

#10 Post by HONEYGIRL »

Thanks for the post KK! Yeah, I will check up on the white wire some more. I still have about 2 months to go before I will be in Braces,So I"m soaking up all the info I can get and doing my lil' homework too! :D

HONEYGIRL

#11 Post by HONEYGIRL »

Meryaten wrote:I have seen some pics, even here on ArchWired, where the coating on the wire has become chipped. But I've also seen a colleague in braces who had the coated archwire, and it never looked less than perfect.
Who has pics??? I would like to see them.[/b]

mostro

#12 Post by mostro »

Hi everyone. great site. I just got damon 3 today, but the archwires are of the regular metallic color. I didn't know you can get them in other colors. I will post some pics soon.

HONEYGIRL

#13 Post by HONEYGIRL »

mostro wrote:Hi everyone. great site. I just got damon 3 today, but the archwires are of the regular metallic color. I didn't know you can get them in other colors. I will post some pics soon.
Hi! I would love to see your pics!