clear ligatures

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

forever_in_braces

clear ligatures

#1 Post by forever_in_braces »

Well, I made the jump back into braces for a while. Today I was given clear ligatures, which I've never had (I didn't even know they had them).
For those of you who have had clear ligs, how bad do they stain? What foods should I avoid? And when/if they do stain, what color do they turn? Any suggestions for keeping them clearer for the time being?

(I used to have smoke, but even those turned a greenish color after a few days...)

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

You may want to check out this post:

viewtopic.php?t=11324&highlight=

I currntly have clear power chain on 6 front top teeth. It took about 3-4 weeks to get stained but I didn't have mustard, curry and I don't drink black coffee, just green tea and red wine. Mine are pretty yellow right now but I don't really care since I don't have the whitest teeth in the world to begin with. I think right now (6 weeks after getting them) they are making my teeth look a little yellower.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

forever_in_braces

#3 Post by forever_in_braces »

Thank you, everybody!

So far, so good. No staining...yet! But I haven't had coffee in days (this is very hard) and I've avoided spaghetti sauce, pizza, etc.

Do you think if drank coffee through a straw and brushed right away I could get away with not staining them? Right now I've only been drinking Diet Coke.

alwayshungry

#4 Post by alwayshungry »

i just had some pad thai last week, and man did that stain badly :(

i thought we weren't supposed to use whitening toothpaste cause we might make the rest of the teeth not covered by the brackets whiter, thereby giving us a yellowish square when they remove the brackets? just a question :D i've been dying to do something about these stained ligs :?

alwayshungry

#5 Post by alwayshungry »

perfect news, then :D thanks again, KK![/b]

jcdamon3

#6 Post by jcdamon3 »

I got my clear (yellow) powerchains off today and man do my teeth look white again! :lol: It might also have something to do with them taking the brackets and glue off again. I think that think that removes the glue also removes the stains. Yipee!!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!