Expanders Are Out After 14 Months! Before and After Pics!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ren

#16 Post by ren »

congrats!! That's such excellent news :) I'm still waiting for mine to come out (almost 21 months)...is that a world record? lol

ren 8)

jaws

#17 Post by jaws »

Ha ha ren! That could be a world record! You're definitely a trooper! I forget--do we have the same type/style of expanders?
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

ren

#18 Post by ren »

Hey Thanks Jaws!! I have what's called an RPE (rapid palate expander)...I think we have (had for you!) the same one.....congrats on the great progress!!!!!!

renee :)

psychic

#19 Post by psychic »

Just one comment:

WOW!!! :o

You must have suffered in the beggining w/ the expanders!

Metal Braces

jaws

#20 Post by jaws »

Thanks for the comments! Yes, the expanders were hard at first. I had A LOT of junk to deal with in my mouth at once. It feels sooooo good to have them out now! :banana:
Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

jmpmntwnty3

#21 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Question: With the RPE, does it change your facial appearance, and make your smile wider/better? I've always hated my smile (because of my horrible teeth and the way it makes my face look). So will the RPE I'm getting next month make my smile hopefully better?

MrsDantel

#22 Post by MrsDantel »

WOW WOW WOW... COngrats first of all... The difference is AMAZING! Way2go!!!! :D
27 and Braced!!
Upper Ceramics - March 24, 2005
Lower Metals - May 10, 2005
One day, My teeth will be beautiful!

jaws

#23 Post by jaws »

Thanks MrsDantel!

jmpmntwnty3--the RPE might make your smile wider, I think the results are different for everyone. My smile has definitely gotten wider. I don't know if you will be able to tell from these pics (I'm not smiling!), but you can see how my arches have become more full:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Braces are Now Off!
Expanders Top and Bottom

jmpmntwnty3

#24 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Oh wow, jaws, your smile is definitely wider. I can see a big difference! I can't wait until I get my RPE in, so I can see the finished results. I'm ready for the pain hehe