Fastbraces...What do you know?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jcclarkson

Fastbraces...What do you know?

#1 Post by jcclarkson »

I've been looking at different options for having orthodontic treatment. I visited a Fastbraces office here in Houston yesterday. This was developed by Dr. Viazis. Their catch phrase is straight teeth in about a year. I think they have about 12 locations throughout Houston, Dallas & Austin. More info at www.fastbraces.com. The cost is less than traditional braces, or Invisalign, plus you don't wear them as long. At the same time, I realize it may not be good to move your teeth too fast. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had gone with Fastbraces? Or, does anyone know anything about them, recommendations, cautions, etc? Thanks for the help.

xostephie

#2 Post by xostephie »

I have them! I don't know about less costly (I'm paying 4200$ for 12-14 months of treatment, whereas a friend of mine is paying 2500$ for her traditional braces, w/o insurance, for 2.5 years of treatment -her teeth are ALOT worse than mine). I will say that I have noticed a huge difference in my teeth within a short amount of time-I actually had one of my front teeth close a pretty large gap within a 2 month span, So i am quite happy with them. My only complaint is that since they're triangular, the top tip of it on my canine tooth rubs against my lips-that's constantly my sore spot! I figure that that's part of any braces treatment, so I learn to deal. Especially since I'm getting them off in less than 10 months!

mostro

#3 Post by mostro »

Interesting post. I dont really know what fastbraces are supposed to be. I guess they are the same thing as speedbraces right? I had damon3's installed yesterday. Are these supposed to be fast? I will post a picture soon. I am hapy with damon and they feel comfortable. I also like the fact that they are half trnsparent and half metallic. that way they don´t look all too big.

cheers to all.

xostephie

#4 Post by xostephie »

Mostro- While I'm not really sure about Damon3's, I can tell you about fast braces; or Viazi's-well, how it was explained to me. Normal braces move the crown the first year, and the root the second year. However, Viazi's moves both at the same time, thus cutting the time in braces basically in 1/2-fun stuff, lol.

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

I can't say I know anything about them. However, I apply the old saying, if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

I know my ortho told me that damon3's or supposed speed braces, aren't any faster in most cases. Only in certain situation are they a little bit quicker. So who knows. I'm in all metal now so I guess it doesn't matter, at this point.

- Missing Tooth -

jcclarkson

#6 Post by jcclarkson »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the insight.

swellen

#7 Post by swellen »

A doc who used to be a very regular poster on this board, is one of the leading people in a type of orthodontics called 'speed braces' ... it's nothing to do with the type of brackets, but to do with having sugery around each tooth to loosen it and get it moving faster.
KK, I could be wrong but I think you might be confusing Dr Rick's speed braces with Wilkodontics. I didn't think Speed Braces had any surgery involved... of course I say this without having done any investigation, but that was my understanding. Feel free to correct me!

As for Viazis brackets, I had them for six months (I only had partial braces) and I think it may have reduced my treatment by a short amount of time but nothing hugely significant. I think the orthodontic opinion at the moment is that they DO reduce treatment but they're not a miracle cure or anything.

xostephie

#8 Post by xostephie »

swellen wrote:

KK, I could be wrong but I think you might be confusing Dr Rick's speed braces with Wilkodontics.
I was about to say, SURGERY?! IM GOING TO GET SURGERY?! LOL

swellen

#9 Post by swellen »

I was about to say, SURGERY?! IM GOING TO GET SURGERY?! LOL
Heh - now that's the kind of thing you don't want them springing on you at the last minute! :lol:

mostro

#10 Post by mostro »

Thanks to all for your comments. I understand it much better now.
I asked my family to get some kind of surgery, but the ortho said my case does not require it. I guess time will tell.

cheers to all!