Nervous!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stephy79

Nervous!!!

#1 Post by stephy79 »

Tomorrow is my big day, and I am so nervous that I am sick! These last 2 weeks with spacers in has gone by so slow and I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come, but now that it's almost here I'm am freaking out! I hope everything goes well. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow after I get the braces on.

Stephanie

Jared

I get myuppers on tomorrow as well!

#2 Post by Jared »

Best of luck to you. I am also excited to get these stupid spacers out of my teeth and get the ball rolling.
35 years old, married, father of 5, braced on June 15, 2006

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"
-Def Leppard, Rock of Ages--Pyromania

JoeMama

#3 Post by JoeMama »

Good luck Stephanie - there aren't many of us who weren't scared and nervous so you're not alone. Just remember, things will get better. It doesn't seem like it in the beginning (and at certain stages in the process) but it does, don't worry too much! And again - GOOD LUCK!! :D
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

fitchick

#4 Post by fitchick »

Hi Stephanie,

That time has gone quick. It seems like only yesterday that you said you were getting braces in a week.

Make sure you get lots of wax for the ulcers. And take photos at home of your teeth so that you can monitor your progress. The process of fitting the brace was fairly straight forward. It's the eating, or lack of eating afterwards that's the worst.

I look forward to reading your update tomorrow and following your treatment. I'm in day 13 of braces today and just keen for pain of some sort (can't beleive I'm saying that) pain means movement and without it I don't know that they are. I think my middle name is 'impatient'. Oh the joys eh?

Good Luck for tomorrow.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I think most of us freaked out before brace day, so you're not alone. Make sure you've been to the toilet (bathroom) before you go. I did and it was just as well, as I was in the chair for an hour and a half.

And you will be fine.

stephy79

#6 Post by stephy79 »

Thank you all for your encouraging words! I am so glad I found this site!
:D

Stephanie

Kimber

#7 Post by Kimber »

Good luck! I just went through it last week so the memory is still very fresh! The worst part was the taste of the bonding stuff they use. I'd heard it was bad but it was worse than I heard. Not so much a taste as a sensation that your tongue is being eaten away! The good news was that they let me rinse as soon as possible and it went right away -- with no loss of flesh :D One of the most reassuring parts for me was when they fitted the brackets on my molars it was with this tool that I bit down on -- so if it hurt at all I could stop biting immiediately. It never hurt -- but it was just reassuring to know I was in some sort of control over that.

Think about what color/s you want for your ligs. I'd totally forgotten that part so when she handed me all these colors to choose from I couldn't decide!

Let us know how it goes!

missing_tooth

#8 Post by missing_tooth »

I definately understand how your feeling. I know how nervous I was. Of all the stories you've heard, and pictures you've seen, I can assure you it really is not that bad. I'd much rather take a trip to the ortho than the dentist anyday.

Not to scare you, but take something for pain before you go. The worst part was my teeth aching a few hours later. Ok, you probably did not need to hear that.

Really getting braced is nothing.

oh, and if your worried about impressions, buy some cough spray to numb your throat, works wonders if your the type to gag.

- Missing Tooth -