Can anyone please tell me what this is called?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gennel

Can anyone please tell me what this is called?

#1 Post by Gennel »

The ortho mentioned something for my two back molars that need to get banded it's called like Bi heely or heelex? I knew exactly what he was talking about and what it's suppose to do because I've seen pictures of it here and have read about it. They doing a bottom impression of my lower teeth so they can have a measurement for it. My back molars that are getting banded are not upright and sort of face
my tongue like this: / \ so they are putting a metal thing that is U shaped and attached to each molar on the back to push them apart and make them upright. I know alot of people get their tongue stuck on it all the time and they have a strong lisp . I just hope I don't have to wear it for so long! It's not to expandmy bottom palate but to push those molars upright . Anyone know what I'm talking about? Please give me your experiences with this!

Gennel
35 hrs since uppers braced!

tkais

#2 Post by tkais »

I had a quad helix, very similar. I never got my tongue stuck but lots of food got wrapped around it. And a lisp that gets a little better as time goes on. I only wore mine for 3 months. Good luck to you!

Chris87

#3 Post by Chris87 »

I've had a quad helix for 18 months, it never caused me to have a lisp, not even the day it was put on, but a lot of food does get stuck in it.

What is the difference between a quad-helix and a bi-helix?

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

yup that's it! That's the monster that's going in my mouth. I don't know how long I will be wearing it. I need it to push apart the two molars that are in the picture shown above. As I see it I will be losing lots of weight. I need it anyway . I'm super cautious with the food that goes in my mouth that none get's stuck on the braces. I push it all the way to the back of my tongue and swallow.I still brush afterward,rinse. I am going to try to floss tomorrow. Ive only been braced for 2 1/2 days. So far I've lost 9 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks. I still haven't even gotten my bottom teeth prepared for banding,braces biheelix and oh yeah I need a filling the same day as my deep cleaning!

I just can't wait until 3-4 months have passed and I've got everything done and I'm just doing regular adjustments. I can live with this metal in my mouth but I hate all the stuff that I have to do in such a short period of time so I can get my bottom braces done.

Gennel