Brackets- when did you choose which?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Pirate Wench

#16 Post by Pirate Wench »

My ortho told me which kinds of braces he deals with at the original consult appointment. I didn't have to decide until yesterday when I was sitting in the chair to get them put on!

I decided to go with the In-Ovation R's (metal) top and bottom. I only got the tops done yesterday and will get the bottoms in a few months.

Gottaplaygamz

#17 Post by Gottaplaygamz »

I had a choice of ceramic or metal. I asked my ortho what he prefers
and he prefers metal only because it usually the treatment time is shorter.
Honestly it didn't matter to me anyway so I chose the metal.
Whatever you choose I'm sure you will be happy.
Happy Bracing! :tingrin:

Full Metal Uppers and Lower on June 16 2006
De-Braced December 2008