nerve painful between the last two molar teeth.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jane2

nerve painful between the last two molar teeth.

#1 Post by jane2 »

I've had my brace for 4 months. I've never had toothache before. I had my teeth cleaned 2 weeks ago.

However, for these three days, every morning when I drink my first glass of water (room temperature), I felt strong nerve painful between my last two molar teeth on the upper left side. The pain lasted for about 50 seconds. The pain happened when the water flew through it. If I used other side of the mouth, it's fine. Other times when I drink water it's fine. It's also not painful when I eat, brush or flossing my teeth.

Is there any thing wrong with my teeth. Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Have you tried Sensodyne Toothpaste yet? Works great.

When they clean teeth sometimes the gum gets puffy and your nerves can get irritated. Try salt water rinses to tighten the gumline after cleanings.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

I had something like this recently and it was because my teeth were shifting. It subsided in a few days as things settled... Good luck to you.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

starryadora

#4 Post by starryadora »

I have had the same problem for a few months now in the same place you are talking about. When my dentist did two fillings there he has to push down the gum alot during the procedure, so the gum is a little low there now. That can take 6 months or so for the gum tissue to get back to normal, but it might always be kinda low and still sensitive. Don't know if it applies to you, but that is what happened with me. ;)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

jane2

#5 Post by jane2 »

Thank you very much for all the responses. Today, I found the sharp pain is not only between the last two molars, but also between the premolar and the second last molar on the upper left side. I hope it would not be sth. wrong with this second last molar. I have no cavities or fillings.

I'll try the sensodyne toothpaste and warm salt water rinse first. I'll also bring the issue to my ortho on my third adjustment next Mon.