I was confused leaving from adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Saycheesenikki

I was confused leaving from adjustment

#1 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Piece of cake but he put a thicker wire on the bottom 16/22 he said. What does that mean? It feels a lot bulkier but no pain just dull ache. July 11th at my third adjustment he wants to put a second set of molar tubes & a second wire to longate the wire on the bottom, what does that mean? I just said ok & left & I was driving home thinking what did he say? Anyone have ideas? Thanks.... I know next time to ask but I was so confused.
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

johnnys_angel

#2 Post by johnnys_angel »

16/22 is just how thick the wire is :) It's good to ask questions! good luck and have fun
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

Do you have brackets on your farthest back molars? If not he is probably going to put those on and give you a new wire that extends all the way to the back molars. Once you get thicker wires they can engage the back molars.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Saycheesenikki

#4 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Johnny - Thanks, I knew it was the size but wasnt sure what a thicker wire meant. I guess its stronger? sure feels it.

JC- I have bands on my "3rd in' molars (I have bottom widsom teeth that we are leaving in) so I guess they are going to be put on the ones between the bands & the widsom. (the 2nd teeth in?) What will that do "by engaging the back molars"?

Sorry I know he knows what hes doing but Id like to understand the concept of the work being done & watch it unfold. I also have learned to ask next time. :?
Thanks guys.
3/28/06 8 Spacers
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Saycheesenikki

#5 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Ok I just looked at my bottom row & the back two teeth on each side are not in line with others so he's probably going to bring them in line with the back two molars. I assume thats the reason.
3/28/06 8 Spacers
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

My lowers were progressively bracketed between initial placement and the following adjustment. I was sort of sad when they put molar tubes all the way up to a wisdom tooth. It is so hard to floss back there!