Orthodontics with chronic lyme, experiences?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lee54

Orthodontics with chronic lyme, experiences?

#1 Post by Lee54 »

Has anyone had or heard of anyone's experiences getting orthodontics when they have chronic Lyme disease with neurological issues and are on long-term antibiotics? Has it affected their reactions or treatment in any way? Thanks for any help.

Lee54

#2 Post by Lee54 »

Thanks for the replies. The ortho I spoke to today was very interested in my case, as he just got a tick bite himself, so I spent some of our appt. time educating him about how researchers have recently shown (and videotaped) how lyme can persist in a protected cell-wall deficient form--one that can hatch out new spirochetes later. If anyone else is interested, for more info, check out www.lymenet.org or other good patient advocate sites like the Lyme Disease Foundation's. They enabled me to help better educate our local hospital's Head of Infectious Diseases and his whole dept. (Thank God I had a "teachable" doc with an open mind! Not all patients are so fortunate.)