Finally!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

adollface

Finally!!

#1 Post by adollface »

Well, I'm almost afraid to post this or even say it out loud, for fear that it won't happen. But....I finally got a de-banding date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's July 11th and I'll get my retainers July 13h. I can't believe it. The last two months have been so hard and I didn't think I was going to get them off until fall but I just got really pro-active in my treatment and it made a difference. I am so excited!!! And the best part the braces will be off for my family vacation!!!!

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12/16/04

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Congratulations, Amy! :-)o :-)o

We look forward to seeing your final smile. :mrgreen:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Lee54

#3 Post by Lee54 »

Hooray for you! Having just finished with Damon 2's, would you recommend them? What was hard about them, and what did you have to do to be "pro-active"? (I'm considering getting Damons, but not sure yet.)

adollface

#4 Post by adollface »

I loved my Damon 2's most of the time. I here that they stick out from you teeth a little more than regular braces but I never knew the difference. Pain only came with adjustments for the most part. They were really easy to get used to and a lot of times I forgot all about them. I had a teacher from my daughter's school tell me it looked like I had little stars on my teeth (she taught kindergarten). My 8 year old has Damon 3's and does really well with them. She adjusted faster than I did to them. I think the Damon system is great but like you will hear from a lot of people it depends on the ortho too. The hard part wasn't until the end when I got a powerchain. Mine is under my wire instead of on top so trying to floss is quite a joy. As far as being pro-active, when I noticed I was getting a gap that I wasn't supposed to have I went in to the ortho, when another gap closed I called and said hey that gap closed can I come in and have him take a look at it. Plus asking more questions or reminding the ortho of what they had said at the last appointment made a difference. They don't always remember and sometimes get interrupted while examining your bite, you just have to stay on top of things. Just read all the posts on the Damon system. There are a lot out there and you will get lots of opinions (good and bad). Good luck with your treatment.

Amy
Damon 2's top and bottom
braced 12/16/04

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations on getting a de-banding date. That is amazing news. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jaxxie118

#6 Post by jaxxie118 »

Congrats on getting a de-banding date!!! That's awesome for you. I can't wait to see the final pictures of your new smile. Good luck on July 11. :)
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months