Pain and movement

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

IntentionallyBlank

Pain and movement

#1 Post by IntentionallyBlank »

Hey guy's....

Today is the start of week 3 for me... and I'm pretty much used to my brace now, but I have a few observations/questions to see if i'm getting the same sensations as you.

The main question i have is to do with the lack of pain! Not that i'm complaining!!!! :roll: But, I had always thought that pain or tightness of the brace meant that your teeth are moving. I have no pain, (well i did have a little pain the first week) and so I am starting to think 'are my teeth moving'?

I've been examining my teeth in the mirror and i think i can see movement, but i have promised myself that i wont take any photos to compare before/afters until my 1 month anniversary.

So, do you guys have any day-to-day discomfort? Or is it just normally after adjustments? :?:

IB
"There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact... it's all dark."

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi IB, you don't have to have pain in order for there to be movement. In 4 plus months, I've had very little discomfort and no pain that I can recall. I've had a fair bit of movement, though.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Or insufficient pain/discomfort to keep me awake at night!

juf_84

#4 Post by juf_84 »

Hi IB, I'm only a spacers veteran so can't help with the braces question, but I've just remembered, KK has had very little discomfort and lots of movement- check out her blog on "Our Braces Stories."

Best of luck with it all, hope the pain continues to stay away and you see lots of progress!!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

I only have pain a few days after an adjustment. I never experience pain or not constant pain at any other time. Occasionally i get one or two sore teeth but thats about it.

fitchick

#6 Post by fitchick »

Hi IB,

I posted on here at the end of my week 2 as I was convinced mine weren't working because I had no pain/discomfort. Yes I am impatient, I want this done yesterday! I'm week 3 on friday and although I still don't have any pain, my teeth feel spongy and I can now feel tightness/pressure. I assume that I should expect similar feelings after my first adjustment. My photos aren't that clear enough to see if they have moved but I think my old extraction gap is now smaller than before.

I think we may need to wait slightly longer, but i shouldn't be concerned about no pain. It sounds like there are more that go through this without discomfort than with. I'm keen to follow your progress as we both started at the same time. If yours move and mine don't then I'll be shouting!!

Here's to painfree movement, and lots of it!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimber

#7 Post by Kimber »

Hi IB -- I know how you feel. My teeth were very sore for the first week and now that they aren't I feel like they should be so I know it's working! :D But, I just have to have faith that these babies are moving. And I'm very thankful I can eat now!

Hang in there!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!