New here.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarah23

New here.

#1 Post by sarah23 »

Hello.

I've been in my orthodontic treatment now about 19 months and I'm starting to feel down about the progress I am making. This site has been helpful seeing the progress of others but I would love you to comment about my teeth. Unfortunately, I don't have any before pics on hand.

In Nov. 2004 my top 6 braces were placed.
In Feb. 2005 an expander and herbst appliance was placed.
In Aug. 2005 expander was removed & other braces placed.
In Oct. 2005 herbst was removed & brackets were put on my lower back molars.

While my bite has been dramatically improved... I feel like the arch of my top teeth is somewhat lopsided... one side having more space for teeth than the other... my bottoms are horrible & quite honestly I haven't seen them move much except for a tooth was leaning farther back than the others.

In late May I got elastics... supposedly to lock in my bite... but I'm not seeing how they are doing this when my teeth have spaces & are still very crooked. The gap in the front caused by my expander has not moved for over a year now except for a month when a powerchain was put on... it opened up again after being removed. Also the tooth needs to be rotated & nothing has been done about it yet.

I just dont see myself being done at the 2 year mark & I guess I'm pretty disappointed because this was the estimated time... but I suppose the added in herbst appliance might have added on time...

Any motivation or advice on what they might do with my teeth would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

If you would like different perspectives of my teeth, I will gladly take more.

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Sarah, I feel your pain as I am at the 2 year mark and still my bite is off.

Your teeth from the photo look really good, as for the gaps I don't see anything dramatic unless its at the back of your teeth and I think the gaps are the last thing they close in treatment for some people.

Good luck and hopefully the time will go fast for both of us.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Gennel

#3 Post by Gennel »

Welcome! Has your ortho mentioned at all what the final stages are? I know you feel pretty crummy about extra time that might be needed. Just to let you know I think your teeth look very pretty and straight to me! I just started my journey almost a week ago and I can't wait to see some progress! Don't worry terribly over this. Talk to your ortho and let him know your concerns.

Gennel

Attagirl2

#4 Post by Attagirl2 »

Welcome Sarah. I too am at 19 months. I know what you mean about going over estimate. I was estimated at 12 to 14 months, but had setbacks with crowns that wouldn't hold the brackets. Basically had months added as each molar was banded.

Your teeth look nice from your pictures. As suggested earlier, discuss you concerns with your orthodontist. Some of what you want I think will be done in the details. Good luck.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

fitchick

#6 Post by fitchick »

Hi Sarah,

Welcome and Hello from me too.

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the time frame of your ortho work. I'd say have a chat to your ortho and discuss it with him/her. I'm sure they appreciate your concern to speed things up now.

I really wanted to say, your teeth look great! I wish mine looked as good as that. Best of luck and I hope things progress quickly for you.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maf

#7 Post by maf »

Those teeth look great! I don't know... I understand people's concerns regarding braces, but a lot of photos look so good and compared to my own (and probably others here) they look fantastic. My teeth are very crooked and not half as neat as the photos posted.