Got Braced Today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JennThompson79

Got Braced Today

#1 Post by JennThompson79 »

Well, the spacers FINALLY came out today and got braces on. Well got the top on, and then just the bottom brackets. My ortho decided that I needed to wait til the first adjustment July 31st to get the bottom wire so as to try and correct some of the crossbite problems on top first as my top arch widens.

Everyone was right about the molar bands being a walk in the park after having the spacers, but now, my whole mouth HURTS. LOL

JennThompson79

#2 Post by JennThompson79 »

forgot to say, my ortho is AWESOME. Not only did he call me at home tonight to check on my and make sure that all was ok, he gave me his home number to get in touch with him just in case of emergency!!! I thought that was absolutely above and beyond!!!!

JennThompson79

#3 Post by JennThompson79 »

forgot to say, my ortho is AWESOME. Not only did he call me at home tonight to check on my and make sure that all was ok, he gave me his home number to get in touch with him just in case of emergency!!! I thought that was absolutely above and beyond!!!!

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

Welcome to the journey.

How long is your treatment?

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

missing_tooth

#5 Post by missing_tooth »

Congrads! See, it's not that bad now is it?

- Missing Tooth -

jaswi

#6 Post by jaswi »

grats on getting started jenn. im going on day 4 in spacers and top brackets, and my ortho did the same as yours in regards to calling to check up. These spacers aren't too horrible, but they make eating anything I need to chew impossible. I expected worse. Also, I've notice that since spacers the tiny gap between my two front teeth has closed, awsome huh?

juf_84

#7 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Jenn, congrats on being braced- I got braced today as well! Hope the pain settles down soon and you see some progress :lol:
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Kimber

#8 Post by Kimber »

Hi Jenn -- Welcome to the club and congrats! The pain DOES get better, even though at the time it sure doesn't seem like it will, huh? :D
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

jaxxie118

#9 Post by jaxxie118 »

Congrats on getting braced, Jenn!! Your ortho sounds awesome and just hang in there, as the pain will ease soon. And it is definitely worth it in the end. Take care! :wink:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Leslie022

#10 Post by Leslie022 »

Glad to see you journey has started off on the right foot!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

sjsarre

#11 Post by sjsarre »

Congrats on getting braced... How are you managing with the braces??