OMG what have I done?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fitchick

#16 Post by fitchick »

How funny is that? I must tell him when I'm there next (20 July). I'm 40 next month so we'll probably find out next that we were in the same class at school!

I am very happy with my treatment from David so far. They are a very friendly team of people and it gives me a lot of confidence. There is another lady on here from Southampton that I have posted. We're everywhere!

May see you in the waiting room sometime.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa65

#17 Post by Lisa65 »

LOL well I'll tell him on Tuesday when I go for the separators. I'm not from Hants originally (came down from Essex in 2000) so I doubt we met at school :P but yup maybe we will meet at the surgery sometime :D

Kimber

#18 Post by Kimber »

It's really a small world when you think about it, huh? Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing? Anyway -- welcome! I've been braced for 16 days now (but who's counting!). I had them as a teen, too. Did you have the full bands on all your teeth? It's sure different now. My only advice is to stock up on lots of soft foods -- and eat lots of crunchy, chewy things like french bread and tortilla chips before you get your spacers so you won't crave them so much when you can't have them anymore. Even if your teeth don't really HURT, they might be sore when you try to chew anything for a while. I still can't really bite into anything, mainly because my teeth feel so loose they feel like they'll fall out if I do! (and I do chocolate, too -- it just melts on the top of your mouth!)
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

bbsadmin

#19 Post by bbsadmin »

OMG Julie lol I didn't expect to find anyone else from Hants! I am in Fareham.
It always makes me happy to see people halfway around the world connect with each other via the board!

Best of luck with your treatment. I know it's a long road, but like my husband said when I was thinking of getting braces: "Two years will pass whether you get braces or not."
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Lisa65

#20 Post by Lisa65 »

lol Kimber - I had the same idea! I am going out tomorrow to buy myself a bag of toffees and a nice crusty baguette to eat before the spacers go in on Tuesday morning!

loulou123

#21 Post by loulou123 »

Hi

Im in Hants also in portsmouth, ive had my braces on for 6 weeks now and am getting used to them, nice to hear fom someone else who is nearby as sometimes it can feel like its only you going though this. Hope all goes well. :P